Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 12:51am

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can confirm, most of the time, when I grapple, I have my eyes closed, I'm a beginner, but that's how I feel the most comfortable. keeing my eyes open actually **** up my concentration because everything moves so close to my face. I open them once in a while to get the general idea of where I am and I go with it.

So I just close my eyes and go with my instinct and what I already know, it's been working alright for me.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 1:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take my glasses off about 20 minutes before class to ajust and dont put them back on

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 5:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WEll thanks for the replies, but honestly, I am a slow learner, when I learna technique, I usually have to practice it endlessly with a friend at home to understand it better (helps with slight variations and whatnot), I just dislike taking my glasses, I have read and been told that when you get better you really don't rely on your vision, especially since they are within 3 feet of you, but I'd just perfer glasses. I may work without them eventually, but at this level I think I will just keep them on, I do not attend the sparring classes as of yet, so I think I should be fine keeping them on just for technique training.
    So no one on this forum has special eyewear for training? Not even Revision eyewear and whatnot?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 10:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a kid in my BJJ class who wears some taped up sports glasses like the kind runners wear, and head gear over it. I think they are prescription oakleys, but if you like, I'll ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 12:12am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen any sports glasses yet that would stand any chance of staying on your face while you're rolling. They'd probably have to be held on like headgear with a chinstrap and bands over your head. Those revision ones just have a strap around the back of the head that would slip off as soon as you had to pull yourself out of a tight spot.

Plus it'd hurt like hell when they got pressed into the bridge of your nose, which would happen all the time. I wear contacts, but if you're unable or unwilling to try them, I'd go with most everyone else and say just roll half-blind. Wear your glasses when you're watching your teacher, take them off when you start to go. My contacts occasionally come out during class, and it's really not that big of a deal. It's kind of a surprise at first how little sight actually matters in grappling.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12