222230 Bullies, 4458 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 16 of 16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Monkfg is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    447

    Posted On:
    4/16/2010 6:08pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight could never reach our expectations, but it finally has to happen!
  2. wolunt is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    58

    Posted On:
    4/16/2010 7:58pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Screw this, it would only get that much closer to boxing and crap like this has killed boxing over the last decade or two. While I would love to see this fight, it needs to happen under the UFC banner and M-1 just needs to go the **** away IMO. M-1 is Roethlisbergering Fedor enough already, time to move on.
  3. Cybren is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    144

    Posted On:
    4/23/2010 1:23am


     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So was this a late april fools or what?
    (I googled for some new fedor news and found this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rikeforce-deal wow. that guy really doesn't like fedor)
  4. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    4/23/2010 12:40pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
    Screw this, it would only get that much closer to boxing and crap like this has killed boxing over the last decade or two.
    Yeah, much better for MMA to mimic professional wrestling management and consist of strictly controlled stables which never compete against one another. :jerkit2yf

    What ruined boxing (and paved the way for the bullshit we have now) was the same paradigm that the UFC currently uses: "matchmaking" determining fights instead of meaningful rankings. When was the last time Floyd Mayweather fought a mandatory challenger?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
    While I would love to see this fight, it needs to happen under the UFC banner and M-1 just needs to go the **** away IMO. M-1 is Roethlisbergering Fedor enough already, time to move on.
    I don't want this fight to happen if it means that Fedor gets stuck under a restrictive UFC contract (i.e. Zuffa owns his likeness and he can't fight in other organizations), and it would be disingenuous for the fight to be under the UFC banner if Fedor got a special contract with the UFC (not that Dana has ever been bothered by being disingenuous).

    I give M-1 Global some credit for The M-1 Global Challenge (Affliction was a title sponsor of the second season); that competition picked up where the IFL left off and showcased some seriously good fighters (Combat SAMBO and BJJ, especially).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  5. Joe Pietaro is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    64

    Posted On:
    4/23/2010 3:57pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that there's any way this fight would happen as a cross-organization held event. Fedor would have to sign with UFC (even if it were for one fight) for it to even have a chance to occur.
  6. Conde Koma is offline
    Conde Koma's Avatar

    Thumbs up!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247

    Posted On:
    4/24/2010 4:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't think this was ever going to happen.


    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/04/2...16-title-bout/
    Brock and Carwin are signed for 116, DW will probably keep Cain or JDS for the two defenses after and not have them fight each other.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.