Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    sambosteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,918
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Team American Sambo Victorious at British Open

    April 11, 2010 I took a US team to Kent, England and became the first Americans to win gold at the British Open Sambo Championships. They faced teams from England, Scottland, Germany, and France.

    Congrats to Anthony Sansonetti who took home a silver in the men's 96kg division and a gold in the masters 96kg division. Doug Fournet took home the gold in the men's 100kg division.

    Anthony came out of the event 4-1 with 3 wins via submission (calf crush, armbar, and kneebar) and one win 8-0. Doug had a 3-0 record at the event with wins via points and a total victory throw.

    I will have vids up soon...
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    332
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations to all - looking forward to the vids. Thanks Steve

  3. #3
    Coach Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,188
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Louisiana 4TW. Tell Doug grats from me.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

  4. #4
    Conde Koma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fantastic! congratulations, guys!

  5. #5
    sambosteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,918
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Louisiana 4TW. Tell Doug grats from me.
    Doug tore them up...but tore a quad in the process. Dude he is a beast. Love that guy!
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

  6. #6
    Meex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    2,998
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats to the US Team, SS!

    `
    ~/

  7. #7
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WAR ASA!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  8. #8
    Robstafarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,822
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see what a "total victory throw" looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    383
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations, Are any of your guys fighting in the Sportsaccord Combat Games in China?

  10. #10
    sambosteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,918
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpankration View Post
    Congratulations, Are any of your guys fighting in the Sportsaccord Combat Games in China?
    depends how they do on May 2nd at the USA Open
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO