See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:02pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Wrong. Pew regularly conducts surveys on how informed the public is. Republicans do better, although it may be because Republicans are generally better educated and more affluent overall, or perhaps because they are more male. (Men tend to be more engaged in politics than women). Reality is reality.

http://www.livescience.com/culture/p...iz-100129.html

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1378/pol...est&proj=forum

http://people-press.org/report/319/p...on-revolutions

Incidentally, conservatives also are happier on average. http://www.livescience.com/health/08...servative.html
    I think what those polls really tell us is that Democrats and Republicans are equally likely to be politically and socially retarded. You can group population samples however you want, but in the end it still means that the country is full of people who didn't pay attention in high school government and are too caught up in their own lives to give a **** about the big picture.

But I digress...

Brian should have eye gouged and groin punched. That always works, ESPECIALLY when BJ had a high side control.

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Incidentally, conservatives also are happier on average. http://www.livescience.com/health/08...servative.html
    Umm...

Individuals with conservative ideologies are happier than liberal-leaners, and new research pinpoints the reason: Conservatives rationalize social and economic inequalities.
    "Our research suggests that inequality takes a greater psychological toll on liberals than on conservatives," the researchers write in the June issue of the journal Psychological Science, "apparently because liberals lack ideological rationalizations that would help them frame inequality in a positive (or at least neutral) light."
    You do realize this article is outright stating the reason conservatives are happier is because they tend to not give a **** about how shitty society or other people's lives are, so long as it doesn't affect them and they have their big screen plasma TV, and furthermore that this is because they have psychological defense mechanisms in place to protect their happy little bubble world where everything they have is a result of their own merit, while anyone who lacks wealth does so only because they're not as talented and hard working (in fact they're probably lazy drug addicts).

I just want to make sure you realize that.

Sifting through the others now. So far I'm not overly impressed, Dems managed 4/10 phone survey questions right compared to a whopping 5/10 by Republicans, wow!

As you said, wealth/social status is a factor. When Glenn Beck's audience scores higher on their surveys than the NY Times readership I'll start to worry.
    Last edited by maofas; 4/14/2010 1:12pm at .

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Also, this thread crumbled into JV Sociocide crap rull quick.
    Sociocide's layout & background is too fucking ugly and who has time to post on more than one internet forum anyways!

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:23pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I agree with Res. Male republicans are smarter than female ones. Ergo, being endowed with a penis does make one inherently smarter.

Waxeater - shush. don't you have a candle to consume?
    No one said anything about intelligence. Women and men tend to be interested in different things. Men are more interested in politics, on average, than women - just as, on average, men tend to be more interested in things like MMA. Shocking, I know, given the clear 50/50 gender split on this board. We all have only a limited number of time and a limited scope of interests.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Funny stuff. From youtube comments: "BJ finally listened to his corner and took his opponent down"
    haha gotta love some youtube comments.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember when BJ Penn was in this thread? Good times.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    ah man I was just thinking of a witty reply and then you go and post the best one.

**** you man.. just, **** you.:pity:
    Yeah. When youtube commentators beat you in wit you know your life sucks.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it just me or does anybody else feel really embarrassed when anybody is trying to demonstrate something to someone, and the guy tries way too hard to beat the demonstrator and it's very clear that the demonstrator is really really really really taking it easy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:55pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What was the context of this video? Obviously they had the mats ready but it just seems weird that some dude in a suit would say "Yeah I think it makes perfect sense for BJ Penn to grapple me, because nobody has ever seen grappling before and I think I can take him." I mean it's Fox so I know it is a ratings thing but still. Has it gotten so bad that "news" networks have to have their personalities fight mma fighters for ratings?

Edit: also how fucking funny would it have been if the fox guy had been able to slip out from under BJ and took his back or something.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 2:22pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'd like to know is why BJ Penn was a guest in the first place. Was Fox doing a MMA segment? Was BJ promoting MMA legislation in NY? Seems like an odd scenario in any event.

And yea, sociocide is hard to look at.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast