Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:04pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghandi was a leftist. And that black guy from the 60's - King something or other.

No violence perpetrated by either - but they got results.

Here's a violent and combative lefty, though:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:06pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a fun video. Wasn't expecting BJ to actually go that far lol

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    She's a talk show host with extreme left views. Really smart (Harvard?) but left-leaning as hell. Surprise she's a lesbian.

I haven't personally verified her anatomy, and I can't find any googlepics either.

I chose that um...abiguous pic intentionally. Sometimes she looks like that kid from Wonder Years:
    Can you name 2 or 3 extreme left views she holds? I'm not arguing with you yet, but I've watched her a few times and except for the general angry melodramatic Olberman tone she does her whole show with, I didn't really think anything she said was particularly out there like Glenn Beck and his woo woo theories (btw, can anyone give me free bjj lessons so I can better defend my grandmother from death panel agents?).

I think Americans on the whole are so right wing, than anyone centrist who doesn't blatantly kiss Jesus/military/Israeli gov't/rich people ass 24/7 or is even slightly left leaning is considered a radical. I wonder if this is a case of that or if she genuinely has some extreme views (i.e. everyone must have a mandatory gov't sponsored abortion by age 13!).

Eventually, someone is (or people are) going to be murdered because one of these pundits incites someone with inflammatory rhetoric that is always getting more inflammatory during their quest for higher ratings. That would be an interesting court case for sure.
    Last edited by maofas; 4/14/2010 12:19pm at .

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She doesn't come off as whacko lefty at all. I shouldn't have said "extreme left".

She presents things without acknowledging the conservative viewpoint. Her guests are allowed to get away with a LOT of very left-leaning rhetoric with no repurcussion, not even a raised eyebrow. She does segments with 2 liberal guests - a moderate dem and a more out there liberal. So her viewpoint isn't extreme. I'll retract that one - how about decidedly left?

I suppose I'd put her at more of a Bill O'Reilly level than Glenn Beck.

FWIW, I think it's great that there's a bright person doing for the left the same **** that Fox News does for the right. But the way both sides present is deceptive - they refer to themselves as being news when really it's news items presented with left or right slantings.

Opinion =/= news. Except in fashion.

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Incidentally, Republicans tend to better informed about events than Democrats and independents.
    No, they just think they are because conservatives are usually unquestioning people by nature and readily eat bullshit statistics like the one you're paraphrasing up with a spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Opinion =/= news. Except in fashion.
    I agree, now what % of these pundit's audiences actually *read* the news (preferably from multiple sources with varying biases and/or some foreign sources sprinkled in for perspective) and thus have any sort of context to interpret and evaluate what they're being bombarded with?

It's a dangerous and irresponsible blend of entertainment and news IMO especially combined with the fact we now have entire generations of people developing into adulthood that have no ability to critically think or interpret language whatsoever.

On the plus side, however, I don't have kids, so everyone can just feel free to turn the planet into a huge shithole, because I'll be dead by the time things turn super-shitty!
    Last edited by maofas; 4/14/2010 12:40pm at .

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Eventually, someone is (or people are) going to be murdered because one of these pundits incites someone with inflammatory rhetoric that is always getting more inflammatory during their quest for higher ratings. That would be an interesting court case for sure.
    Too late. Haven't you heard of abortion clinic bombings or Timothy McVey? That **** didn't come from church sermons alone.

Ironically, court cases like Eminem have already set precedent which would probably be used by the defense. "I just said it, I didn't know if he'd do it or not." - the court finds Mr Matthers not guilty.

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:37pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, they just think they are because conservatives are usually unquestioning people by nature and readily eat bullshit statistics like the one you're paraphrasing up with a spoon.
    Wrong. Pew regularly conducts surveys on how informed the public is. Republicans do better, although it may be because Republicans are generally better educated and more affluent overall, or perhaps because they are more male. (Men tend to be more engaged in politics than women). Reality is reality.

http://www.livescience.com/culture/p...iz-100129.html

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1378/pol...est&proj=forum

http://people-press.org/report/319/p...on-revolutions

Incidentally, conservatives also are happier on average. http://www.livescience.com/health/08...servative.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what's any of this have to do with BJ Penn?

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Res. Male republicans are smarter than female ones. Ergo, being endowed with a penis does make one inherently smarter.

Waxeater - shush. don't you have a candle to consume?

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 12:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Tiller.

Also, this thread crumbled into JV Sociocide crap rull quick.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast