Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:03pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh and I disagree with pretty much what Ninnnog said. You want a school that has equal sparring no matter where you start. Now, think carefully about what I said. No, you should not be sparring at a Black Belt level at white belt.

You should be sparring with the same amount of rules and contact at all levels.

Avoid any school that tries to cram external and internal down your throat as well.
    What did I do? The site I went to said Shotokan teaches different sparring methods as you advance. :sad11:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by weechey View Post
    Any particular reason why you didn't list a boxing gym as one of your choices?
    He said at the beginning that he was limited to his list because of finance and location.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do YOU mean by "traditional" art? And why is it important to you?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnong View Post
    What did I do?

I disagreed with you. You might want to leave the internet if that is going to upset you.

The site I went to said Shotokan teaches different sparring methods as you advance. :sad11:
    So, you plagiarized a website then typed it as if YOU were giving the advice.
    That's even shittier than what I took exception to. If you have no advice don't be embarrassed don't give any.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I disagreed with you. You might want to leave the internet if that is going to upset you.

So, you plagiarized a website then typed it as if YOU were giving the advice.
    That's even shittier than what I took exception to. If you have no advice don't be embarrassed don't give any.
    Yeah I get that you disagreed with me. That's why I wanted to know why and learn from my mistakes. If I'm wrong I want to know why so I don't make that mistake again.
    Second, I wanted to help the guy out so I snooped around a little. My cousin just got his second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do and I've done some Taekwando training before so I figured I would tell him what I knew about the two styles. As for shotokan, I looked it up on the internet. I didn't copy and paste and I didn't rephrase someone's words. I just said how the sparring system worked and maybe they teach it differently at different schools but I don't know what school this guy plans on going to so how can I not go on general information? If I'm wrong then tell me so I don't screw up again. I'm not trying to take it personally or anything I just want to know what I did wrong and fix it. My bad.:5oops:

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you did boxing but because you wasn't that good you want to do something 'traditional'? .. this month is Harden the **** up month.. get to the boxing gym and get yourself punched in the face.. now!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:17am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people just want to do TMA because of the vibe MMA and Boxing get, and the t3h d34dli3st art ever nature that the uninformed have about western styles have. I know because it used to be me.

I'll throw it out there that he lucked into Judo and now needs some guidance. Boxing is a great MA and one of the most effective striking arts out there. Are you sure there aren't any MT or Boxing gyms nearby. If you give your general area to one of the bullies, I'm sure they can recommend something.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 5:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As everybody said make sure they spar, and that they spar hard.

There is a slim chance you will find something that is on par with the training you would receive at a boxing or kickboxing gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 5:28am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you want a 'slim chance' anyway? And why do people say that 'It takes longer to get good at most TMA, people who take WMA are lazy'

You don't tell your opponent to come back in 10 years after you've spent thousands of dollars on fees. And he will still most likely kick your ass.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 6:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    Why would you want a 'slim chance' anyway? And why do people say that 'It takes longer to get good at most TMA, people who take WMA are lazy'

You don't tell your opponent to come back in 10 years after you've spent thousands of dollars on fees. And he will still most likely kick your ass.
    OP this^^

if it takes longer to get you to the same standard of fighting then its not as effective.. simple. the unfortunate truth however is that most TMA may never get you to the same standard of fighting as MT or Boxing

..its not set in stone but do you think you are going to be one of the few 'Traditional' martial artists who go around kicking the ass of boxers and MT guys?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast