223738 Bullies, 4075 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Oh god Bullshido is going to lose another great poster aren't we? When a moderator drops in and doesn't move a thread with an OP like this assume the best. Sometimes world class grapplers aren't forum and l33t speak masters. Let's chill out and learn what we can.
    i think that's exactly what kintanon was trying to do in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    Here is the video of something similar. You grab the belt, pull their hips forward, and don't go n/s, use a butterfly hook from half. I'm thinking about trying the variation in this video though.
    maybe i'm visualizing this wrong, but all i can see is him posting and shutting it down.
    Last edited by pauli; 4/13/2010 2:37pm at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh god Bullshido is going to lose another great poster aren't we? When a moderator drops in and doesn't move a thread with an OP like this assume the best. Sometimes world class grapplers aren't forum and l33t speak masters. Let's chill out and learn what we can.

Yes, I should never have trolled him by starting a grappling technique discussion in his zero content hello thread...

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    i think that's exactly what kintanon was trying to do in the first place.

maybe i'm visualizing this wrong, but all i can see is him posting and shutting it down.
    I'm controlling the sleeve the direction I'm sweeping to and pushing it under the guy as I roll him like in the video. It's almost identical the butterfly hook isn't necessary though. The important bit is the belt grab, sleeve pushed across, and the roll.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:42pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    I'm controlling the sleeve the direction I'm sweeping to and pushing it under the guy as I roll him like in the video. It's almost identical the butterfly hook isn't necessary though.
    If you have the half butterfly hook and they post you can get all crazy and move to X-guard it looks like. Just underhook their posted leg up onto your shoulder and tuck the other hook in and voila. I'm gonna try that too....

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Ok, I can see that. I'm gonna have to try that one and the one you were talking about, maybe wednesday I can mess with them.
    I think one of the problems people have with that type of sweep is their bridge. If you notice the bridge portion of the video DK jr. posted, after the bridge, the feet keep driving into the mat and are used to complete the turn. Pull your opponent into you while you are driving to complete the bridge.

As far as the ude garame is used, I think playing around with it will help you figure out when it can be useful. Some of the problems you will find with it is that you will be offering up both of you arms to someone who may be able to take advantage of it. If I have most of someones weight on top of me, I may use the "ude" to help turn them off of me, but I would normally use it when I'm on top to control an arm or corner of an opponent, to keep them from turning into me.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    I think one of the problems people have with that type of sweep is their bridge. If you notice the bridge portion of the video DK jr. posted, after the bridge, the feet keep driving into the mat and are used to complete the turn. Pull your opponent into you while you are driving to complete the bridge.
    Yes sir. Also it makes it easier if you time it as they are attempting to pass. It gives you some momentum and makes their hips lighter.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:55pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post

As far as the ude garame is used, I think playing around with it will help you figure out when it can be useful. Some of the problems you will find with it is that you will be offering up both of you arms to someone who may be able to take advantage of it. If I have most of someones weight on top of me, I may use the "ude" to help turn them off of me, but I would normally use it when I'm on top to control an arm or corner of an opponent, to keep them from turning into me.
    Yah, it's certainly not my Plan A move. I'll probably keep it in my arsenal, get some reps on with it, and intentionally go for it a few times over the next couple of weeks to see what happens with it, but with the risks already mentioned I think it's going to end up staying in the "OH **** THIS ISN'T GOOD!" bag of tricks for when I feel like I'm screwed either way.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:41pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, Mr. Arce started the thread here after War Wheel encouraged him to drop by this forum.

I knew there was a good chance that things would turn out this way, but I hoped for the best.

I don't know if Bullshido's irreverent environment is well suited to Mr. Arce's temperament. A communication gap brought about by the generation gap if you will. Honestly, I have a hard time with it myself sometimes. Then again, I would never say something online that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kin...you want to think that you would say it to my face...but you are just lying to your self...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:47pm

Business Class Supporting Member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- MMA Fight

07:07 Minute Mark is Me.
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast