Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are sweeping BJJ Black Belts with that sweep? Who? I know most BJJ and GJJ Black Belts.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    come on, guys. getting angry isn't helping anybody get any better at anything. nobody here means anybody ill, except omega, who hates us all, cause that's his job.

Kit have you seen a gi version where you use the butterfly hook, grab the belt, and push the sleeve underneath them and do that similar roll sweep? If that just sounds like a ton of nonsense I'll try to video it for an example. Regardless it's one of my highest percentage reversals, it's worked on black-belts(the first time), brown belts(once or twice), purples(couple of times), etc.
    which of the (many) techniques in this thread are you refering to a variant of?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:18pm

Business Class Supporting Member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you people talk to Mark Tripp and Steve Arce (Yes. Third person.) this way...then you have this forum as a waste land BECAUSE of WHAT you are. YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROBLEM. NEVER speak to some one, AWAY from them, in a way that you would NOT EVER speak to them, face to face...eye to eye...person to person...EVER.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by retnuheht View Post
    You are sweeping BJJ Black Belts with that sweep? Who? I know most BJJ and GJJ Black Belts.
    The sweep I described yes. Phil Cardella my instructor (although not in competition obviously), I've swept brown belts in practice, purple belts, blue belts all the time. Learned the move it at Elite MMA in Houston from a brown belt named Nick.

Here is the video of something similar. You grab the belt, pull their hips forward, and don't go n/s, use a butterfly hook from half. I'm thinking about trying the variation in this video though.

YouTube- bjj reversal
    Last edited by DKJr; 4/13/2010 2:24pm at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    I hope you're fucking around. Anyway back to actual grappling discussion.

Kit have you seen a gi version where you use the butterfly hook, grab the belt, and push the sleeve underneath them and do that similar roll sweep? If that just sounds like a ton of nonsense I'll try to video it for an example. Regardless it's one of my highest percentage reversals, it's worked on black-belts(the first time), brown belts(once or twice), purples(couple of times), etc.

It's a great counter to them gripping up both knees in butterfly guard.

I've actually never gotten any of the belt grab sweeps to work. I have a super hard time getting a decent grip on the belt over the back. I've done a similar sweep from leg hook guard using a sort of cross butterfly hook, wrapping the arm over their shoulder and grabbing their opposite trap. It functions the same as the one you are talking about, but gives me some extra leverage points to use at the risk of getting my leg hook guard shut down and passed. I can't find a video of it, but I might whip up a reference video wednesday to throw on here so we can see if they are as similar as I think they are.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:25pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you people talk to Mark Tripp and Steve Arce (Yes. Third person.) this way...then you have this forum as a waste land BECAUSE of WHAT you are. YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROBLEM. NEVER speak to some one, AWAY from them, in a way that you would NOT EVER speak to them, face to face...eye to eye...person to person...EVER.
    Just for the record, I haven't said anything to you on this thread I wouldn't say to your face.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:28pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    The sweep I described yes. Phil Cardella my instructor (although not in competition obviously), I've swept brown belts in practice, purple belts, blue belts all the time. Learned the move it at Elite MMA in Houston from a brown belt named Nick.

Here is the video of something similar. You grab the belt, pull their hips forward, and don't go n/s, use a butterfly hook from half. I'm thinking about trying the variation in this video though.

YouTube- bjj reversal

Ok, I can see that. I'm gonna have to try that one and the one you were talking about, maybe wednesday I can mess with them.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm simply confused by your demeanor. Please keep posting, I thought you were being like Omega-style funny.
    Last edited by DKJr; 4/13/2010 2:34pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:30pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh god Bullshido is going to lose another great poster aren't we? When a moderator drops in and doesn't move a thread with an OP like this assume the best. Sometimes world class grapplers aren't forum and l33t speak masters. Let's chill out and learn what we can.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Ok, I can see that. I'm gonna have to try that one and the one you were talking about, maybe wednesday I can mess with them.
    Just don't screw it up to make me look like a jackass. Stay tight to them. Phil and the brown belts I've rolled with quickly gain their composure and come to their knees after the sweep though if I didn't stay firm with my grips and keep my body tight on them through out the sweep.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast