Page 12 of 23 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last

Thread: Hello.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by retnuheht View Post
    Thank you all. I apologize for any drama...as I did NOT come here for that.
    Thank you for coming here and making yourself, your knowledge and experience available to anyone whom wishes it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Snake.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, awesome pictures, but the earrings in that third one were a bad fashion decision....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Book III of the Republic, Plato warns us, that exclusive devotion to intellectual pursuits, makes people "softer than is good for them" -- spiritless and feeble-- while excessive athletic training, makes people "hard and savage," capable only of a "life of ignorance and ineptitude, coupled with lack of rhythm, and grace." The proper way to cultivate a temperate, well-balanced character, Plato insists, is to coach both the spirited part of the soul and the wisdom-loving part of the soul through a careful blend of intellectual study, and rigorous physical exercise. Thus the goal of education in Plato's imaginary Republic, is to produce citizens schooled in philosophy and science, and skilled in Athletics: paradigmatically well-rounded individuals, excellent in both mind and body. Sigma Phi Epsilon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those are 950 Platinum...and for the photo shoot...hahaha...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading that in high school is what convinced me to join the Wrestling team and take weight training. I was already doing Taekwondo, but I didn't see it as a "Physical pursuit" since it didn't seem as athletically difficult as wrestling did. Turns out I was right...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by retnuheht View Post
    In Book III of the Republic, Plato warns us, that exclusive devotion to intellectual pursuits, makes people "softer than is good for them" -- spiritless and feeble-- while excessive athletic training, makes people "hard and savage," capable only of a "life of ignorance and ineptitude, coupled with lack of rhythm, and grace." The proper way to cultivate a temperate, well-balanced character, Plato insists, is to coach both the spirited part of the soul and the wisdom-loving part of the soul through a careful blend of intellectual study, and rigorous physical exercise. Thus the goal of education in Plato's imaginary Republic, is to produce citizens schooled in philosophy and science, and skilled in Athletics: paradigmatically well-rounded individuals, excellent in both mind and body. Sigma Phi Epsilon
    Hey...can you explain that to some simple Judo "fellers"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in constant pursuit of perfection...of mind and of body...

Page 12 of 23 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last