Posted On:
    3/30/2010 7:56pm

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All Japan Judo Federation to adopt new IJF rules

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100320a2.html

just read this.
    well, i first read elsewhere that the upcoming all-japan in april will use the old kodokan rules, and i was excited about that, only to find with some digging that is only because the new rules don't go into effect until May.
    this will probably be the last major judo championship with the old rules. i can't blame them as they need to prepare their athletes to bring home world championships and olympic golds, but,,,,,,
    i feel so depressed, i could cry.......

EDIT: hmmm, maybe not the kodokan cup. hopefully not the kodokan cup. please not the kodokan cup..........
    Last edited by kenikim; 3/30/2010 8:07pm at .

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 2:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are all sad pandas because of this. BJJ is the new judo. Maybe all the pissed off judoka will finally get some good standup into bjj comps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:42pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha! I remember when we were all complaining about not having enough ne-waza in judo. That all went away when they gave us the new "don't touch my leg" rules. Now we have a bigger problem - they're banning judo at judo comps!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 7:51am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDawg View Post
    Ha! I remember when we were all complaining about not having enough ne-waza in judo. That all went away when they gave us the new "don't touch my leg" rules. Now we have a bigger problem - they're banning judo at judo comps!
    Sincere question from a judo noob: can you explain what you mean by "banning judo from judo comps"? Cheers.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    Sincere question from a judo noob: can you explain what you mean by "banning judo from judo comps"? Cheers.
    They are making more and more legitimate judo techniques illegal in Judo events...
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC