pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    This is likely the coolest thing I have seen in a while. +rep for you, Cody.
    If you want to try it out, I recommend making your own stick, since the ones Kahuna makes will run you over $100, and after all it's a big stick. Mine's made of aluminum tubing with a solid rubber head and tennis racket grip tape to keep it from tearing up your hands. For like $15 you can get everything you need at a Home Depot (I recommend starting with a piece of closet pole a little taller than you are, but I use a method that's a little different than the kahuna guys).

EDIT: here's a few of my originals:

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazing idea!! Where I live right now (Madrid), I can't really do that, but once I return to my howmtown in summer, I'll so get me such a staff... Haven't skated in twelve years, but, hey, time to polish one of the old decks...
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 4/12/2010 5:53pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Thank you, but I don't have troubles with my training,I'm not trying to get bigger either, I'm perfectly comfortable with my size and weight.
    I used to think that too, then I got into weightlifting. Enough said. Let's just say I'm a lot more powerful being able to deadlift a few hundred pounds more then when I only trained "cardio/muscular endurance" in MA and had never touched weights.

Sometime it's nice to be able to think, "Hey, I can just pick this guy up with no effort". It's a comforting thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 8:29pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stukovca View Post
    i used to think that too, then i got into weightlifting. Enough said. Let's just say i'm a lot more powerful being able to deadlift a few hundred pounds more then when i only trained "cardio/muscular endurance" in ma and had never touched weights.

Sometime it's nice to be able to think, "hey, i can just pick this guy up with no effort". It's a comforting thought.
    protein! Muscle milk! Power barrr! Mom were"s the goddamn protein!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:03pm

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Just now in fact.

Go **** ya'self. Don't take out your insecurities on others just because you're tiny.

Or would you rather I say "Better to be one of those meat head gym humpers than one of the Kiaing MMA manhumper fags"
    Sorry if you felt insulted, that the name I give to huge people trying to get in trouble with anybody. I can't really say they are gay because they go there, I go to the gym too, poor choice of words, my apologies.

protein! Muscle milk! Power barrr! Mom were"s the goddamn protein!?
    Damn, I need the link tot hsi video again!
    Last edited by IHZ; 4/12/2010 9:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just youtube "My New Haircut" or something. There's also some funny parodies like My Asian New Haircut and stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:28pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can relate to some of that. I was talking to one of my old friends from high school one time when she brought up the day we met. She said "You don't know this but I was kinda scared of you."

Trying to figure out why I asked her. "Well because you're such a big and tall dude. And the first day of classes you said you study martial arts so I was like I never want to mess with you."

Whenever people mention my size or height I now jokingly state the only thing they should fear is my ABS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:06pm

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [
    quote=MMAMickey;2352076]this month is Harden The Fuck Up Month .. so in my best autralian accent - "haaaaaaaden the **** up bruce!!!"
    [/QUOTE]

This is some really good ****!!!! I love to see my school district throw this one into the mix instead of "hug a tree month" and "you are a unique snowflake week". There should be a hard as nails, shut the **** up and take your medicine month. I can't wait to be an administrator:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:32pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayman101 View Post
    [
    This is some really good ****!!!! I love to see my school district throw this one into the mix instead of "hug a tree month" and "you are a unique snowflake week". There should be a hard as nails, shut the **** up and take your medicine month. I can't wait to be an administrator:)[/quote]
    Please do. Administrators need to htfu and stop expelling kids who violated the dress code by wrapping themselves up in blankets and walking around.:qgaraduat

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:39pm

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    So to make a short story about what I'm gonna ask, here's afunny thing that happened to me last Friday.

I was at school, talking with a chick I met there about random stuff, just getting to know each others, when we started talking about our previous weekend, I was telling her about a funny little story that happened when one of my drunken friend ,who decided to take some heavy stuff too, just decided to run off the main street in my city. We were confused( we were fucking wasted too.) and just decided to follow him at our regular pace, when we came across him, he was circled by maybe 4 or 5 meat heads gym humpers. My friend was just, staring straight ahead, not even realising what was happening. He was stoned and drunk as ****, so he didn't even realise what the hell was happening. These guys, they were just insulting him, trying to get him to respond or fight them, when me and 2 of my other friends arrived. As soon as I was at range, the guys started telling us how stupid and gay my friend looked and invited us to laugh at him too, they didn't realise we were his friends. Tehn, I asked my friend if he was alright and as soon as I did that, these guys started leaving. I don't know if they were scared or just unable to back up anything they wanted to do, but they just left.

So after I'm done with this story, I tell her how happy I am that it didn't turn into a fight. I really don't like street fights for obvious reasons, but I'm not scared of anybody. Not meaning that I'd take on 10 people at once, but simply saying that I don't see the use of being scared of people when there are ample solutions to solve problems without violence. As of now, I've been in a good share of dangerous situations, but because I remained calm and also probably because of a lot of luck, I've never been forced to defend myself. Then this girl just look at me and in a perfectly "that's obvious" kind of tone, she drop this gem: "Well that's normal, considering your size, I'd be scared to fight too!"

Sorry for this TL;DR, so here's the question: Has it ever happened to you, back in your puny size age or in recent times, that someone just dropped one of these marvelous gems of stereotypes at you because you are not a Hulking piece of manhood. this got me angry because why the hell should size matter when it comes to personal fears? I understand that many small guys are dead afraid of fighting because they are small, but why should everybody assume that when you're in the featherweight range that automatically you should be afraid of anybody that is bigger than you?

Alternative question: why should body size automatically make you fear everybody? I know of many people that are not even fighters and despise fighting but still don't fear anybody because fearing people is fucking stupid!
    Stop posting bullshit ideas in goddamn gibberish you illiterate douchebag.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast