Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:12pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :happy6:
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Okay, I think this thread didn't went the way I intended it to go. Still, thanks for the advice, I already have a good training program, but I'll add your good advice to it.

Now this thread was not supposed to be about me at all, I apologize if everyone else got the wrong vibe, maybe I'm the one to blame, I talked too much again, so let me reformulate it in fewer words: Has it ever happened to you that someone judged your strenght of character by your body size? doesn't matter if you're super ripped under your shirt or extremely confident in your heart,I'm talking about strangers that, at first glance, had this kind of judgment. This also work the other way around, for the huge guys, has it ever happened to you that people strated to rely on you for protection just because you were big even though you had no intention to fight whatsoever? And my PERSONAL opinion on the matter is that it'S stupid to judge courage on body size because courage doesn't always come from physical strenght.
    You may not like it but its a fact of life that people are judged by how they look. I'm not a really big guy (5' 11") but I always carried myself very well and in high school everyone thought I was older and much meaner than I really was. Truth is I am a peaceful and gentle sort but I look like a big mean ape (fyi nickname in high school was sasquatch). The most common line ran into when meeting new people was "do you think you can kick my ass?" It sucks bud but you will be judged by how you look and it will be that way for the rest of your life. Make the best of it and activly work to present an appearance that will give people the impression you desire.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread needs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:43pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesn't seem to lurk out of his own threads lately, or maybe we just miss each other.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    :happy6:

You may not like it but its a fact of life that people are judged by how they look. I'm not a really big guy (5' 11") but I always carried myself very well and in high school everyone thought I was older and much meaner than I really was. Truth is I am a peaceful and gentle sort but I look like a big mean ape (fyi nickname in high school was sasquatch). The most common line ran into when meeting new people was "do you think you can kick my ass?" It sucks bud but you will be judged by how you look and it will be that way for the rest of your life. Make the best of it and activly work to present an appearance that will give people the impression you desire.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the reason they all called you Sasquatch in highschool, wasn't because you were tough and mean looking, but because you were hairy as **** and ran around with no shirt on.

YouTube- TPB - J-ROC Insults Randy (Alternate Take)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 3:11pm

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh...I'm injured right now, but part of my program is to heal this injury, soon I should be able to return to fighting, I was training for a competition before I got injured and I plan going back as soon as I can, maybe I'll gain the look and confidence people think I'm lacking from this...

Well anyways, thanks for the harsh and useful advices.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the reason they all called you Sasquatch in highschool, wasn't because you were tough and mean looking, but because you were hairy as **** and ran around with no shirt on.

YouTube- TPB - J-ROC Insults Randy (Alternate Take)
    I may have been a furball but I always tried to keep my clothes on in school. Perhaps in Carolina they dont wear shirts to school. If I recall standard dress code is overalls with no shirt :P

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done normally, but I'm from Jamaica Queens and here in NC only to observe & film rednecks in their natural habitat for a National Geographic special.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well do be careful. Also remember that when you hear the banjos play to keep very still and do not run. Or they will chase you.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    he was circled by maybe 4 or 5 meat heads gym humpers.

...that someone just dropped one of these marvelous gems of stereotypes at you
    Just now in fact.

Go **** ya'self. Don't take out your insecurities on others just because you're tiny.

Or would you rather I say "Better to be one of those meat head gym humpers than one of the Kiaing MMA manhumper fags"
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    My first year of highschool, I was a fat lazy guy who looked like crap, then I started practicing kung fu fanatically. I ended up skinny but not muscular, and people started asking me if I started doing drugs (because I got skinny fast). I started doing resistance stuff because of that. These days (years later), I mostly paddle a skateboard with a big stick for a few miles a day- keeps me from being skinny and dumpy, and I enjoy it a whole lot more than lifting stuff (but I'm positive my results aren't as good as they would be if I had a proper weight routine).

Like this:
    YouTube- MMA Pro Kendall Grove's Ultimate Fighter Workout
    This is likely the coolest thing I have seen in a while. +rep for you, Cody.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast