Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:26am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Threads like this make me think that high school kids should not be allowed internet access.

Also, IHZ, you're a wimp. That girl and I laughed at you behind your back. Then I went back to her house for milk and cookies.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Threads like this make me think that high school kids should not be allowed internet access.

Also, IHZ, you're a wimp. That girl and I laughed at you behind your back. Then I went back to her house for milk and cookies.
    ^^^

And by milk and cookies JNP means unprotected anal sex followed by a dirty sanchez.
    right?

anyway, size doesnt matter.
    unless it's about penises.
    then its a whole different ballgame.

no wait...the other way around...?

im confused.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's good, I thought this was going to be a super-emo thread about some big guy crying about how everyone thinks he's a meathead just because he's super-ripped and don't know about his great love for the opera and ballet. So it's only about half as emo as I thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:26am

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I think this thread didn't went the way I intended it to go. Still, thanks for the advice, I already have a good training program, but I'll add your good advice to it.

Now this thread was not supposed to be about me at all, I apologize if everyone else got the wrong vibe, maybe I'm the one to blame, I talked too much again, so let me reformulate it in fewer words: Has it ever happened to you that someone judged your strenght of character by your body size? doesn't matter if you're super ripped under your shirt or extremely confident in your heart,I'm talking about strangers that, at first glance, had this kind of judgment. This also work the other way around, for the huge guys, has it ever happened to you that people strated to rely on you for protection just because you were big even though you had no intention to fight whatsoever? And my PERSONAL opinion on the matter is that it'S stupid to judge courage on body size because courage doesn't always come from physical strenght.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:54am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Okay, I think this thread didn't went the way I intended it to go. Still, thanks for the advice, I already have a good training program, but I'll add your good advice to it.
    I think the idea was that if you had a training program that is doing for your body what it should, you wouldn't be so tiny.
    And my PERSONAL opinion on the matter is that it'S stupid to judge courage on body size because courage doesn't always come from physical strenght.
    And in my personal not-opinion-cuz-it's-fact, courage is related to fighting ability which is related to strength which is related to size. Everyone knows this. It's an underlying premise of relations between normal humans. Don't you think that girl was using this as a premise for her reasoning?

I used to think that I didn't need muscle, that I should be proud of my lean frame and my grappling ability despite it. Then I realized that

1) No one could tell that I was a BADAZZ FIGHTAR by looking at me, as chumps were always trying to treat me like what I looked like - a comparative weakling. Yeah, I had some muscle tone, yeah, I could bang it out in MMA practice or in BJJ. Did it matter to observers? Of course not. It's tiresome being condescended to by people because of your size, isn't it?

2) Putting on some damn muscle wasn't going to magically make me a worse grappler. Have you seen Marcelo Garcia? Have you seen Andre Galvao? Jacare? They're physical monsters in addition to their beastly technique.

3) You get more attention from people like this girl (FEMALE PEOPLE) if you look like you are physically powerful. Do you think she would have said that to you if you looked like , who is one of the best grapplers in the world?

Dude, it's your body. If you like your lifestyle the way it is, that's cool. I'm sure living cheaply on meatless salads and rice+beans gives you more money for buying stuff to get girls' attention, or drugs, or whatever it is you do with it.

Me, I prefer not being completely overpowered by huge guys at practice, and not being undervalued socially/sexually/physically in public by being a twig the average 1.7meter man could break over his knee.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Has it ever happened to you that someone judged your strenght of character by your body size? doesn't matter if you're super ripped under your shirt or extremely confident in your heart,I'm talking about strangers that, at first glance, had this kind of judgment.
    how are we supposed to know if they only get a first glance? we wouldn't be conversing if they've only had a quick look at us.

that being said, generally in any public place you can pick out the people you wouldn't want to mess with, they wont all be big. you won't know why you dont wana mess with them but body language is a powerful thing.

This also work the other way around, for the huge guys, has it ever happened to you that people strated to rely on you for protection just because you were big even though you had no intention to fight whatsoever?
    I'm like waay short and my friends still rely on me for protection

1)because they are pussies

2)because I'm generally able to talk my way out of anything without losing face.. a benefit of CONFIDENCE.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 12:33pm

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation View Post
    I think the idea was that if you had a training program that is doing for your body what it should, you wouldn't be so tiny.

And in my personal not-opinion-cuz-it's-fact, courage is related to fighting ability which is related to strength which is related to size. Everyone knows this. It's an underlying premise of relations between normal humans. Don't you think that girl was using this as a premise for her reasoning?

I used to think that I didn't need muscle, that I should be proud of my lean frame and my grappling ability despite it. Then I realized that

1) No one could tell that I was a BADAZZ FIGHTAR by looking at me, as chumps were always trying to treat me like what I looked like - a comparative weakling. Yeah, I had some muscle tone, yeah, I could bang it out in MMA practice or in BJJ. Did it matter to observers? Of course not. It's tiresome being condescended to by people because of your size, isn't it?

2) Putting on some damn muscle wasn't going to magically make me a worse grappler. Have you seen Marcelo Garcia? Have you seen Andre Galvao? Jacare? They're physical monsters in addition to their beastly technique.

3) You get more attention from people like this girl (FEMALE PEOPLE) if you look like you are physically powerful. Do you think she would have said that to you if you looked like , who is one of the best grapplers in the world?

Dude, it's your body. If you like your lifestyle the way it is, that's cool. I'm sure living cheaply on meatless salads and rice+beans gives you more money for buying stuff to get girls' attention, or drugs, or whatever it is you do with it.

Me, I prefer not being completely overpowered by huge guys at practice, and not being undervalued socially/sexually/physically in public by being a twig the average 1.7meter man could break over his knee.
    lol I admit I did laugh, I understand what you mean, but I'm not mistreated because of my weight. I might have not pointed out, but I'm not in highschool anymore, I'm 21, I simply meant to say that I don't feel bad about my size, it doesn't mean I'm not trying to get leaner and gain some mass. I'm aiming at around 170-175. the problem, I must admit, is how I eat, I train hard, but my alimentation is not nearly good enough to supplement my muscles, I try hard to get on a good diet, but I have a few troubles with one think and it's alcohol, I drink too much and it's fucking up my diet. I party a whole lot with friends and it's pretty hard not to drink in those. Seriously, it's nice of you to try to help me, I do appreciate the advice for the training, but about my life and my self confidence, I don't have any problems with it. I'm not being picked on, I'm not being disrespected and the only one in many years who have made allusion on my size was this girl. she's a good friend nonetheless.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so **** her and heal your ego
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:29pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first year of highschool, I was a fat lazy guy who looked like crap, then I started practicing kung fu fanatically. I ended up skinny but not muscular, and people started asking me if I started doing drugs (because I got skinny fast). I started doing resistance stuff because of that. These days (years later), I mostly paddle a skateboard with a big stick for a few miles a day- keeps me from being skinny and dumpy, and I enjoy it a whole lot more than lifting stuff (but I'm positive my results aren't as good as they would be if I had a proper weight routine).

Like this:
    YouTube- MMA Pro Kendall Grove's Ultimate Fighter Workout

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    We made 2 of those when we were kids, ironing board nailed to a plank with skateboard trucks attached, fucking good times.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast