Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:15am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't read anything in this thread but I can say that I am definitely prejudiced against skinny people with no muscle mass. **** they piss me off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:18am

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation View Post
    IHZ.

Your black belt don't mean ****, kid. Hope you take that to heart before you learn it the hard way.
    I understand that. Hell, it was something I got when I was 8. I don't brag about it and I don't feel high and mighty because of it.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:25am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbydeth View Post
    This man speaks wisdom. Wait...you are a man right?
    The manliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitnong
    I understand that. Hell, it was something I got when I was 8. I don't brag about it and I don't feel high and mighty because of it.
    Then you should realize that having it doesn't affect whether or not your friends should worry about you getting beaten up for your lunch money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:33am

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IHZ. Dood. That girl was challenging you. And apparently you even backed down from that. What the ****, man?

Seriously, though, what kind of featherweight are you? I used to weigh in at 145, 150 lbs at 5'7-8", and I put on 40 lbs of muscle (and yeah, 10 of fat, **** you i'm not giving up my stouts and hefeweizen) in a bit over a year. If you've got a slim, effeminate frame - well, sucks to be you unless you like picking up guys, but otherwise eat some protein and do some real exercise.

Judo. I mean hard Judo too. Working out with real competitors and doing uchikomi until you can't feel your forearms and mat drags until your wrists fall off and nagekomi until your whole body aches and newaza until your neck is a mass of scrapes from chokes and tachiwaza until you have bruises all over your back and legs.

Weightlifting. I hate it and didn't have to, but it is honestly the most direct route for what you want.

Other ****. I don't know. Pick something that makes you feel weak, and fragile - because you ARE - and do it until you aren't weak and a goddamn twig.

Putting on muscle isn't hard. Eat right, and eat a lot of it, and get some honest hard work in, and you'll get bigger.

EDIT: Oh, and this "big guy ****"? I dunno, maybe you weren't coming off as confident to the girl as you are trying to here. I suggest you enter open weight divisions at grappling tournaments until you win several and get some real confidence. Or just do Judo competitions. My first tournament in Judo, rather than jits, was last weekend and they stuck a 270lb wrestler in the "198 and under" division, presumably just to **** with us. Guess what? I tossed him, because I'm not a fucking twig any more or he would have smashed me (and apparently I can throw people with uki otoshi, I didn't know that before saturday).

Thank you, but I don't have troubles with my training,I'm not trying to get bigger either, I'm perfectly comfortable with my size and weight. I'm not skinny nor effeminate looking, I'm not super fucking ripped, but I'm pretty square shouldered and I have a nice enough definition. I don't have trouble with self confidence either. the point of this thread was not to whine about people who think I don't look strong, but to complain about the sterotype that smaller guys should usually be scared to fight anybody. I weight 150, but I don't have any idea about my fat %

In short, I'm not complaining because I'm insecure, I'm complaining because the girl assumed that I was glad I didn't have to fight because I was 150 lbs and because I was scared, not because fighting random guys in the street is stupid. She would have said the same thing about another guy, I'd still be as angry.
    Last edited by IHZ; 4/12/2010 1:41am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:36am

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The manliest.

Then you should realize that having it doesn't affect whether or not your friends should worry about you getting beaten up for your lunch money.
    When people hear the word black belt they think ninja. Don't ask why man, the answer to that question is incredibly stupid. Besides it's not like I get picked on any more and if I did they would back me up if necessary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:39am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do I get girls to like me?
    All you need is some courage and self-confidance, so here's something I use. Find a big guy, beat him in one on one combat, cut out his heart and eat it for his courage (the bigger heart the better) and then go talk to her. If he's killed any of your family members remember to cut off his head and eat his brain to appease your family's spirits so they may pass on through a carved wooden effigy of themselves.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    I'm perfectly comfortable with my size and weight.
    That's unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole thread sounds like a case of penis envy.

Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    All you need is some courage and self-confidance, so here's something I use. Find a big guy, beat him in one on one combat, cut out his heart and eat it for his courage (the bigger heart the better) and then go talk to her. If he's killed any of your family members remember to cut off his head and eat his brain to appease your family's spirits so they may pass on through a carved wooden effigy of themselves.
    Do I have to eat it right then and there? Can't I take it home and eat it with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:52am

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole thread sounds like a case of penis envy.

Do I have to eat it right then and there? Can't I take it home and eat it with some fava beans and a nice chianti?
    It depends if you cook it, I heard that hearts loses their Courage's property when boiled or deep fried.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:18am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Thank you, but I don't have troubles with my training,I'm not trying to get bigger either,
    Why not? It offers you obvious benefit whilst seemingly being without drawback.
    I'm perfectly comfortable with my size and weight. I'm not skinny nor effeminate looking,
    Suuuuuure. If you were so comfortable, why make this thread?
    I'm not super fucking ripped, but I'm pretty square shouldered and I have a nice enough definition.
    I bet it's just enough masculinity to tantalize the guys who hit on you.
    I don't have trouble with self confidence either. the point of this thread was not to whine about people who think I don't look strong, but to complain about the sterotype that smaller guys should usually be scared to fight anybody.
    Dude, smaller guys SHOULD be scared of bigger guys. If I have 50 lbs of muscle on you, you're in trouble unless the skill disparity between us is immense, as in Royce Gracie versus Akebono immense. It's simple enough to add muscle while you train (hard) just by eating right. What's the problem with it? Scared you won't be able to borrow your girlfriend's pants?
    In short, I'm not complaining because I'm insecure, I'm complaining because the girl assumed that I was glad I didn't have to fight because I was 150 lbs and because I was scared, not because fighting random guys in the street is stupid.
    In that instance, maybe it was a legitimate complaint. That doesn't mean that you don't, consciously or subconsciously, realize that you should be doing what you can to mitigate strength differentials between you and the average dude on the street if you really want to not be afraid of getting in fights.

Why pass up on an advantage, or at least a mitigation of an advantage? I'm forced to conclude that you just can't give up the way that your girlfriend's pants hug your hips and accentuate the subtle tone of your legs. Feeling pretty is a great feeling, but you've got to move past it. For your own good.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast