Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 9:36am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The earliest confirmed date for controlled use of fire by hominids (homo erectus) is much earlier than that -- ~800,000 years ago. http://www.huji.ac.il/cgi-bin/dovrut...10374832688760 Which is plenty of time on the evolutionary scale. That's even before the emergence of homo sapiens. Alternative dates are later -- 400-200 k years ago, or maybe more recent. http://archaeology.about.com/od/anci...re_control.htm

I did some archaeology in my younger days related to native americans. Finding hearths is not easy at all -- it's basically a charcoal spot in the dirt -- and those were only a few hundred years old.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 10:03am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Kind of a derail, but I just have to answer, sorry.

I admit what you say is true. At least its one reason for that kind of toilets. The other is we do not splash our behinds with dirty water full of the last visitors debris by shitting directly into the water :-)

We have very strict food regulations which have been in place for decades. Whenever an animal is butchered, the meat is inspected by a state licensed veterinarian. The process is called "Fleischbeschau". Meat infected with worms or other unpleasentries is taken out of the food chain at that point. Otherwise "Mett" and its beef counterpart "Tatar" would probably be forbidden by now.

Here is a nice plate of "Tatar", complete with raw egg and onions. :-)

Most worm infections nowadays come from houshold animals. Dogs and cats for example.

BTW, I have recently heard from a biologist that there are studies putting doubt on worm infections beeing purely parasitic. It seems those little pests strengthen our immune system in return for participating in our meals.

Don't get me wrong I have eaten the raw (but prepared and seasoned) meat dishes and **** in those toilets, the toilets in particular were a bit of a culture shock to me but they do have a purpose. As a Scot I have eaten raw fish dishes for years so raw meat was not a big jump.

In the UK it is the oposite, worm infections from dog and cat faeces are very rare despite the rantings of the press and most are from badly cooked food or bad food hygeine practice, X contamination in particular.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 10:38am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At any rate, fanatical raw foodists don't care about scientific probabilities or evolutionary adaptations really. They care about their cause and justify it by holding up a singular shining example which supercedes any truth that "agenda based science" proves.
    Very much like Christian Fundamentalists who point to evolution as nothing more than a "theory" and place it equal to the theory of Intellegent Design (aka how to force God into our textbooks) rather than the theory of Gravity.

Sorry for the derail. If you need me I'll be here eating raw egg emulsified salad dressing, cookie dough, sushi, and beef tartare. And unpasteurized OJ. mmmmm

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:47pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with you. I hate insufferable, proselytizing food Nazis: vegan, macrobiotic, raw food, etc. Goddamn Hippies, as Cartman would say. I don't mind people who have ethical/religious reasons (e.g. Jains), but just don't push it on me.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    I'm with you. I hate insufferable, proselytizing food Nazis: vegan, macrobiotic, raw food, etc. Goddamn Hippies, as Cartman would say. I don't mind people who have ethical/religious reasons (e.g. Jains), but just don't push it on me.
    I worship Big Mac myself.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567