Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Fat wannabe science cunts loserz!!!
    Excuse me? Wannabe? Your boy is the one who's in dire need of Mol Bio 101. Him and you.

Wrap your tiny brain around this. I'm the fat one.

If you're curious about what sort of work I do, see the abstract below. You'll notice that this paper does not appear anywhere on pubmed, or on the web. That's because we're still writing it. In fact you'll see multiple places where one or another of us has changes one word and replaced it with another in MS Word "track changes". This is unpublished data, but the results have been presented already.

Enjoy. Maybe when you're done reading you can give your opinion, sice your such an expert on Teh Science :)

BMI is associated with multiple variants in the 11q linked region in the Framingham Heart Study
    Nancy <redacted>, Matthew G Phillips, Larry <redacted>

The 11q22-25 region has been linked to body mass index (BMI) by seven studies, including the Framingham Heart Study (FHS). The average lodscore in FHS across six exams was at least 2.0 between 118 and 128MB (maximum lodscore was 4.5). To search for variants associated with BMI, we genotyped analyzed 4442 SNPs in this 10MB region.
    We performed measured genotype analysis on all SNPs for each of the six exams comprised of 293 families (894 individuals with phenotype). Sex, age, age^2 and cohort status were included as covariates. Significant association was determined by likelihood ratio test.
    We set a conservative region wide significance level of 0.01 that was further reduced to 0.01/6 = 0.0017 to account for testing six exams. To determine the adjusted significance level for this region we constructed, on the –log(log (p) scale, an empirical null distribution by repeating the analysis 5000 times using a simulated null phenotype. The point on the empirical distribution that corresponds to a p-value of 0.0017 was 6.4 which we used as the adjusted region wide significance level.
    Results across all six exams showed there were seven independent regions with –log(log (p) > 6.4. The most significant SNP in each region, along with the maximum –log(p), and any associated gene were: rs1177562, 7.90, VPS11; rs1143770515092, 7.1978, LOC399959BLID; rs10790522, 8.18, UBASH3B; rs7933163, 7.90, ASAM; rs733744, 7.01, PKNOX2; rs2464870, 6.67, inter-genic; rs3562656, 6.83, inter-genic. Note that ASAM is ‘adipocyte specific adhesion molecule’ which is an obvious candidate gene.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/11/2010 10:04pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Excuse me? Wannabe? Your boy is the one who's in dire need of Mol Bio 101. Him and you.

Wrap your tiny brain around this. I'm the fat one.

If you're curious about what sort of work I do, see the abstract below. You'll notice that this paper does not appear anywhere on pubmed, or on the web. That's because we're still writing it. In fact you'll see multiple places where one or another of us has changes one word and replaced it with another in MS Word "track changes". This is unpublished data, but the results have been presented already.

Enjoy. Maybe when you're done reading you can give your opinion, sice your such an expert on Teh Science :)

[/size]
    Which one? The past-it fat one, or the baby-face dough boy?
    Like it matters. What the **** are you doing in Bullshido again? Considering you don't train at all? Just like showing off your grey matter for all the meat-head martial artists?

"The protein fragments—seven in all—appear to most closely match amino acid sequences found in collagen of the present day chicken, lending support to a recent and still controversial proposal that birds and dinosaurs are evolutionarily related...."

& yet you lack the discernment to apply your fuckin' brain to something that matters, like feeding the starving masses. What a selfish thing to do, for a supposedly smart person? "Let's compare dino DNA to chickens to see if they're related." What the **** are you gonna do with that? & 1mil year+ sequencing? That's nice. Who cares?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One down, one to go. You'd better make it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by An Idiot
    My personal belief is that foods begin to break down and lose nutritive value when subjected to temperatures over 100 degrees F.
    You do not get to have a "personal belief" on the subject. What you have is called an hypothesis, and a pretty doubtful one at that, considering that Homo Sapiens evolved to depend upon Sub-Saharan food sources in an environment where the average temp is north of 100F all the fucking time.

Care to try again, pea brain?

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like it matters. What the **** are you doing in Bullshido again? Considering you don't train at all? Just like showing off your grey matter for all the meat-head martial artists?

"The protein fragments—seven in all—appear to most closely match amino acid sequences found in collagen of the present day chicken, lending support to a recent and still controversial proposal that birds and dinosaurs are evolutionarily related...."

& yet you lack the discernment to apply your fuckin' brain to something that matters, like feeding the starving masses. What a selfish thing to do, for a supposedly smart person? "Let's compare dino DNA to chickens to see if they're related." What the **** are you gonna do with that? & 1mil year+ sequencing? That's nice. Who cares?
    Red herring, stick to the point.

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Past-it fat one. As for my boy John Asara, he's a tough mother fucker from Revere, MA. He'd kick your ass and **** your sister.

Again? I never left. <points to activity belt>
    Read my style field. I have a fucking Hernia, and I'm waiting for a slow time at work to get it operated on. I got it trying to throw someone bigger than me in training.

I never claimed to be the most active trainer on the board, but I do what I can.

I think the relevant quote from that article is "In a venture thought to lie outside the reach of science..."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Red herring, stick to the point.
    Yeah, what did you think the point of my post was again? considering I was replying to ol' asswipe above?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:46pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Read my style field. I have a fucking Hernia, and I'm waiting for a slow time at work to get it operated on. I got it trying to throw someone bigger than me in training.
    Yeah, sure. Whatever lets you sleep at night...

I think the relevant quote from that article is "In a venture thought to lie outside the reach of science..."
    & you thought that THIS would be a truly relevant pursuit to test the "boundaries" of science? Ha. Try again.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 4/11/2010 10:51pm at .

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Edit: You know what? **** this. I don't care about what you've accomplished. As far as I'm concerned, your ad-hominem bullshit means you've volunteered to back up Tim's claims about the following:

-protein assay in foods
    -cooking's effects on amino acids
    -enzyme quantity and properties

You have two PT forum posts to get whatever clarification you require and provide said support, with appropriate citations. Get cracking.
    I warned you. You didn't listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 11:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who are you talking to Russ? You're quoting yourself.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast