Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Interesting

    I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of mixed martial arts and anytime i see someone grapple i think bjj...can u tell me how to differenciate between san shou and bjj? or san shou and sambo?

  2. #22

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjpeligrino View Post
    I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of mixed martial arts and anytime i see someone grapple i think bjj...can u tell me how to differenciate between san shou and bjj? or san shou and sambo?
    Try wikipedia you retard.

  3. #23
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Mate, San Shou is the competition, not the style.
    i agree mate, i do san soo witch is made up of choy lee ho fut and hung wich is the art or technicial aspect (san soo), and san shou is competitive aspect. at the end of the day its all on how you like to train
    Last edited by hippiebeater; 10/08/2010 8:53pm at .

  4. #24
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,669
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippiebeater View Post
    i agree mate, i do san soo witch is made up of choy lee ho fut and hung wich is the art or technicial aspect (san soo), and san shou is competitive aspect. at the end of the day its all on how you like to train
    I've got some bad news for you:

    san soo =/= san shou (aka sanda)
    san soo isn't even kung-fu (CMA).

    I'm not further going to discuss this here in the CMA forum, you can start a thread in YMAS or use the search function (top left of the screen) and google "san soo" and "john woo".

    short description: san soo is derived from point-sparring karate (probely Shotokan) with the creator claiming a Chinese origin of the art instead of a Japanese one. It's been discussed over the years here on the boards because of similarities between the name "san soo" and "san shou".

    With kind regards,
    Zendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    google "san soo" and "john woo".
    Jimmy Woo, actually.

  6. #26
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    I've got some bad news for you:

    san soo =/= san shou (aka sanda)
    san soo isn't even kung-fu (CMA).

    I'm not further going to discuss this here in the CMA forum, you can start a thread in YMAS or use the search function (top left of the screen) and google "san soo" and "john woo".

    short description: san soo is derived from point-sparring karate (probely Shotokan) with the creator claiming a Chinese origin of the art instead of a Japanese one. It's been discussed over the years here on the boards because of similarities between the name "san soo" and "san shou".

    With kind regards,
    Zendo
    i thank you for clearing this up for me. why should i have to google san soo nor jimmy h woo when i have an walking talking encylopedia such as yourself. again i thank you very much. with kind regards

  7. #27
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you decided to post in a slightly heavier moderated forum. If you aren't sure what you are talking about you should ask questions or google.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO