223522 Bullies, 4257 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 27 of 27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. jjpeligrino is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 7:14pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Interesting

    I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of mixed martial arts and anytime i see someone grapple i think bjj...can u tell me how to differenciate between san shou and bjj? or san shou and sambo?
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,960

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 10:41pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjpeligrino View Post
    I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of mixed martial arts and anytime i see someone grapple i think bjj...can u tell me how to differenciate between san shou and bjj? or san shou and sambo?
    Try wikipedia you retard.
  3. hippiebeater is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    10/08/2010 8:46pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu san soo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Mate, San Shou is the competition, not the style.
    i agree mate, i do san soo witch is made up of choy lee ho fut and hung wich is the art or technicial aspect (san soo), and san shou is competitive aspect. at the end of the day its all on how you like to train
    Last edited by hippiebeater; 10/08/2010 8:53pm at .
  4. Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs is offline
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar

    fist first Philosopher

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,645

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:05pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippiebeater View Post
    i agree mate, i do san soo witch is made up of choy lee ho fut and hung wich is the art or technicial aspect (san soo), and san shou is competitive aspect. at the end of the day its all on how you like to train
    I've got some bad news for you:

    san soo =/= san shou (aka sanda)
    san soo isn't even kung-fu (CMA).

    I'm not further going to discuss this here in the CMA forum, you can start a thread in YMAS or use the search function (top left of the screen) and google "san soo" and "john woo".

    short description: san soo is derived from point-sparring karate (probely Shotokan) with the creator claiming a Chinese origin of the art instead of a Japanese one. It's been discussed over the years here on the boards because of similarities between the name "san soo" and "san shou".

    With kind regards,
    Zendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
  5. dougguod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    271

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:11pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    google "san soo" and "john woo".
    Jimmy Woo, actually.
  6. hippiebeater is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 1:22pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu san soo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    I've got some bad news for you:

    san soo =/= san shou (aka sanda)
    san soo isn't even kung-fu (CMA).

    I'm not further going to discuss this here in the CMA forum, you can start a thread in YMAS or use the search function (top left of the screen) and google "san soo" and "john woo".

    short description: san soo is derived from point-sparring karate (probely Shotokan) with the creator claiming a Chinese origin of the art instead of a Japanese one. It's been discussed over the years here on the boards because of similarities between the name "san soo" and "san shou".

    With kind regards,
    Zendo
    i thank you for clearing this up for me. why should i have to google san soo nor jimmy h woo when i have an walking talking encylopedia such as yourself. again i thank you very much. with kind regards
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,899

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 1:56pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you decided to post in a slightly heavier moderated forum. If you aren't sure what you are talking about you should ask questions or google.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.