7/05/2010 7:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOREILLAMAN View Post
    It's the same one, just without all the junk at the end:

http://www.lifeskillsma.com/
    I don't see any claims about Gracie/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on their new page, but the instructors' bio section is still under construction. Has anyone talked to Chuck Cory himself yet about his claims regarding his BB under Relson? The current Web site looks like they just offer ninjer training.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 8:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I trained there in the mid to late 90's the party line was the Bujinkan was complete, so no need for cross-training or do anything outside of the Bujinkan. There was never any discussion whatsoever of doing anything else, let alone BJJ.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 12:15am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point isn't about cross training. Cory claimed on the old web site quight a few belts in a number of arts including BJJ. When I spoke to one of the intructors at Cory's school that was the only belt that he would give me any useful information about. So far that belt hasn't checked out. Which is why this investigation is still opened.

As for contacting Cory directly when I called the school I got one of the instructors there and was told Cory only came in to teach his classes and was not available. Once the instructors bios are up we will see if Cory's ranks and instructors are listed. If not I will try to set up an appointment to meet with him in person.

Posted On:
    10/12/2010 3:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not POST certified

For Mr Corey to officially teach any police department within California he needs to be POST Certified. All POST Certified "Back-Fill" courses have a minimum of 120 hours of training and the instructor has minimum 2 years public law enforcement service or at least 1 year of formal law enforcement agency. Lastly he would also need a letter of recommendation to be considered an Authorized POST "Back-Fill" course instructor. This is a lengthy and also public notice. Visit post.ca.gov for more information on official program locations.

http://www.post.ca.gov/POST/Course_C...rtmentlist.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    I'm still going to play it safe and keep the emails off of here.

Basically, the Chief of both schools' (UC-IR and Colorado Mines) security said they never heard of him or any program he instructed on their respective campus. While this doesn't necessarily prove his claims are false, you can fill in the blanks with whatever you want.

If you don't believe me, here is the contact information for the people I was in touch with:

For Colorado Mines:
    Keith.Turney@is.mines.edu
    Keith A. Turney, Chief of Police

Director - Department of Public Safety

For UC-IR:
    Paul Henisey
    Chief of Police
    UC Irvine Police Department
    phenisey@uci.edu

They have no reason to lie about this. (Not that I think anyone is accusing me of lying, just making sure my claim is falsifiable).

**EDIT** Also, upon paying closer attention his claim is that he was an instructor for the department, not the head. Still, there would likely be some type of proof, be it an old schedule, an officer who remembers being trained by him, or some other type of paperwork lying around somewhere to prove this claim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 12:22pm

Style: FMA, JJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the same guy? He was at the 2010 Tai Kai USA over the summer in July I believe.

http://www.taikaiusa.com/tkuinstructors.html#chuckcbio

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 12:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzt777 View Post
    Is this the same guy? He was at the 2010 Tai Kai USA over the summer in July I believe.

http://www.taikaiusa.com/tkuinstructors.html#chuckcbio
    Yeah, that's him.
    How did you like Kevin Schneider? He's quite good.
    & I used to uke for Cathy's womens' class when I trained at the Irvine school, she's friggin' ruthless.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 4:03pm

Style: FMA, JJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't get to go. Only reason I knew anything about it was because a friend of mine was there. He had mentioned someone named Cory.

As far as Kevin S. goes I've never met him nor trained with him, so I couldn't give an opinion. I h ope to make the Tai Kai in Chicago and Atlanta both next year, will see how it goes because I will be in the process of finishing school up (undergrad anyway) and it's bout damned time LOL.:qgaraduat
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789