Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 6:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    I came up with nothing new on my end. I am going to review his claims a little closer and see if I can't verify them through a few other sources.

In the attempt to not duplicate work, let's see what is being researched:

1. FSU (via e-mail)
    2. UC-Irvine (Via e-mail)
    3. Colorado School of Mines (via e-mail)
    4. Abused women/children angle (though the exact groups don't seem to exist)

Did I miss anything?

I am going to start running down the FBI/LE/Military angle.

Where we may be able to do more research:

1. Did we contact him? Do we know through which federation/etc he received his BB in TKD?
    2. Anyone contact MAP about getting some help on the Budikan ranking?
    3.Any contact him to verify any kind of lineage for his BJJ BB?
    I think people from the thread on Sherdog have contacted him and asked for lineage, but I don't think anyone replied with specifics, just a "I'll ask him if I see him" sort of thing. I think I posted the link to the Sherdog thread in a previous post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    Odd email. The organization is aware that Judo-Lie, Snake Blocker, and countless other frauds have been featured on television, right? Not that I'm saying his rank is fraud; we don't have proof either way at this point. I'm just pointing that out for the lurkers who may be reading this.
    Initially I thought it was interesting that they didn't recognize the patch, but I guess that is because they are office staff-which I assume means they might not be directly involved in the ranks and such.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 2:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlJock View Post
    Initially I thought it was interesting that they didn't recognize the patch, but I guess that is because they are office staff-which I assume means they might not be directly involved in the ranks and such.
    That patch is the standard patch for 7th Dan and above. According Glenn Morris, the different colors are supposed to have some sort of spiritual or energetic significance. I'll have to look it up, I think he discusses it in his "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master" book. I'll have to look it up. Sometime...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 1:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread on Sherdog was started by a friend of mine. He has not replied to any of their emails either. I'm going to post the question on his Facebook page. Maybe if it's a little bit more public we'll get a quicker response. If there are any jiu jitsu guys near Irving it would be cool if you stopped by and asked him.

Everyone should just hammer their Facebook page.

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 1:42pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There isnt any call to hammer anything yet. Its good that we have a few people trying to confirm information and it would be extremely useful to find out who Cory received his rankings from but since the questions have been asked lets give him the opportunity to answer.

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 4:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, have done TKD and KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we knew his date of birth we could look up his TKD dan claim on the Kukkiwon site.
    I tested this on myself and you need the full DOB not just the year for it to show up.
    http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/eng/index.action

By the way judging from these images it does look a bit "off"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 4:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reply from Ninjutsu.com It seems they are checking some other areas-but the email sort of confused me. It told me to wait for them, but contact him, lol.... Not sure if they sent an email to him personally-but I did tell them that he was contacted and did not provide any information.

Truly know this, the patch that he is wearing is a high level Dan patch, if he was lying, he would have been caught absolutely by the Bujinkan and instructed not to wear the patch he has on his gi. In order for a person to even achieve a 5th Dan they must go to Japan to get this, so here in the office would say the man is legit, but do wait until we hear back from the instructor on this to make sure.

As for record keeping? If you where in Japan and you where a high level rank you might be able to go through the records to find his name and rank, but from what we understand the book is large and there is no format, so it is page by page and name by name.

Wait for a reply from us, but again, the website should be sufficient that he has, he does have one yes? Please send that to us and we can assist in this area. One way for you to truly find out is just contact them and ask where your certification comes from. They should tell you that it comes from Japan and is signed by Soke Hatsumi, this would be for each and every kyu level from the 9th all the way until you get your shodan. If they tell you this, then you know they are legit as the instructor would have to send off to Japan to get the certification and he could not do that unless he was in the Bujinkan and training under Soke Hatsumi.

Again check that out and then wait for a reply from the instructor. Good luck

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 4:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonkrav View Post
    If we knew his date of birth we could look up his TKD dan claim on the Kukkiwon site.
    August 22, 1952

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 6:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Assuming he's American, I did a quick search on the kukkiwon database, and no results are returned for the following name variations in conjunction with the DOB provided by Cy Q. Faunce:

Charles Cory
    Charles F. Cory
    Charles F Cory
    C Cory
    Charles F. Cory, Jr.
    Charles F Cory Jr
    Chuck Cory

This is obviously not definitive, and the database may not be complete, but as it stands, there is no listing on their database for Charles F. Cory, Jr., or any common variation

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 7:23pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kukkwon has issues. I will not say why because, I don't want to give an out.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast