Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:49am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^Include the guy's website when contacting people regarding his credentials. This way, they have a picture to go by as well. That's what I've been doing.

**EDIT**

Not to mention, I'm sure some of his claims have come up on resumes before. Especially those regarding his military and campus security backgrounds. If I was applying for a job at UC Irvine for Campus security, you better believe I would include that I was head of security at two schools before this.
    Last edited by Lysol; 4/12/2010 11:26am at .

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 12:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But he has a patent application in!

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090203452

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:19pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if thats the same guy (sounds like it) than we have a full name now. Can anyone confirm that this is the same person?

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Master Chuck Cory is Charles F. Cory, Jr.

http://www.california9.com/California19/A32886.shtml shows Charles F. Cory Jr.'s business address as 16782 Hale Avenue, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92606.

That is also the business address for LifeSkills MA: http://www.yellowbot.com/lifeskills-...vine-ca-1.html

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that's the same guy. Someone from sherdog said they were going to stop by there this week and ask him about his belt in person so we'll see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:50pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Yes, Master Chuck Cory is Charles F. Cory, Jr.

http://www.california9.com/California19/A32886.shtml shows Charles F. Cory Jr.'s business address as 16782 Hale Avenue, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92606.

That is also the business address for LifeSkills MA: http://www.yellowbot.com/lifeskills-...vine-ca-1.html
    Thanks. I am going to go pound on WestLaw for awhile and see if I can come up with something.

Not sure how big our subscription is here at the school but it is relatively deep. I may have to hit up the "non educational" subscription computers if our student accounts don't go deep enough (and yes this is educational research......)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UC Irvine's Head of Police got back to me with an email. Unfortunately, here is the disclaimer attached to the email:

Quote Originally Posted by Email
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.
    Does this mean I cannot summarize what it said and post it here? For the time being, I'm playing it safe and I'm refusing to post his verdict on whether or not Cory was a head of the department.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:25pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    UC Irvine's Head of Police got back to me with an email. Unfortunately, here is the disclaimer attached to the email:

Does this mean I cannot summarize what it said and post it here? For the time being, I'm playing it safe and I'm refusing to post his verdict on whether or not Cory was a head of the department.
    That disclaimer is standard boilerplate to prevent unauthorized use of information in emails. If the email was sent to your account then you may use that information because you are the intended recipient.

Also I don't know what the fuss is. His black belt is in Brazilian Ju-jutsu. Now I have only been training for 3 years but I train in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. Those i's and u's make a big difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case, I was informed that is possible that he worked there a long time ago, but nothing was found on the guy at the department. While I'll admit that MAYBE his claim might have an ounce of truth to it, I believe it is false because he doesn't look that old. At least not old enough that no records could be expected to be found of him.

Likely, his claim of even working for the UC Irvine police, yet alone being their Head of Security = Bullshit.

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:38pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.usiia.org/legis/ecpa.html

"Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act."

This refers to the interception of e-mail by a third party.

My advice is that the details of his employment is not confidential information. If there is say a social security number, that can be [removed] from the e-mail.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast