Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Chuck Cory

Hey what's up I don't know if anyone has posted anything about this guy before or not but, I thought everyone should know. So he has a school called life skills ma, some sort of ninjitsu I guess. Besides claiming to be a 15th dan in this art and several black belts in other arts he also claims to be a black belt in BJJ. So I didn't just jump off the deep end and call BS I emailed the school 5 times asking for his credentials and, got one response from an instructor there named Max Carr, who looks like Malikai from Children of the Corn, saying that he'd ask Mr. Cory who he got his belt from and then get back to me. Then a week passed I sent a couple more emails and nothing.

So I'm posting this guys name and website http://www.lifeskillsma.com/id,6211/...nstructors.pml here and a few other places. Hopefully someone who is in Irving Ca can visit this place and test this guys "black belt" out and, give him the smashing he deserves. I just wanted to share with you guys what a POS and fraud this guy is!!!

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 8:44pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well according to the search function on this site Cory has been mentioned in three other threads but only in passing. He is referred to as a San Soo guy not ninjutsu. Kimorafromgaurd what BS exactly are you trying to bring to light here? Just for the sake of clairty.

His list of credentials have a few red flags but should be easily varified or refuted by more experienced investigators. A couple of things that leap out at me are the two different numbers he gives for his number of years of experience and that he doesn't name a single one of his teachers. Also I see a lot of the standard fare, trained military, FBI, massive list of arts studied, etc.

Credentials/Accreditations/Certifications
    Chuck Cory has taught the Art of Safety…
    At a Federal Level
    • <LI class=MsoNormal>Federal Law Enforcement Agencies including: FBI, DEA, and regional law enforcement agencies through out the United States, Europe, Central and South America, an Asia.
    • Agents at various federal facilities throughout the Unites States.
    At a Military Level
    • <LI class=MsoNormal>Training Special Operations and Tactical Divisions since 1979
    • The equivalent of our U.S. Special Forces in Spain, Germany, and Holland
    At a college Level
    • Instructed Campus Security at the University of California in Irvine, Florida State University, and the Colorado School of Mines
    To women and children
    • <LI class=MsoNormal>The National Association for Battered Women <LI class=MsoNormal>The Self Protection and “Streetwise” programs for Big Brother <LI class=MsoNormal>Children of the Court <LI class=MsoNormal>The National Association for Missing Children
    • Chuck Cory has taught (and continues to teach) classes for the blind, deaf, injured, mute, students in wheelchairs, children with autism, ADD, Aspergers Syndrome and more.

Chuck Cory has 35 years of martial arts experience, and has spent…
    • <LI class=MsoNormal>5 years as a professional bodyguard-he was trained in the same systems as used by the Secret Service and various national law enforcement agencies.
    • 3 years as backstage security for the promotional industry-responsible for transporting rock and roll headliners from the airport to their venue, security during concerts, and maintaining security arrangements for several days to weeks as necessary.
    He holds an Instructor Rank in
    • <LI class=MsoNormal>Tang Soo Do <LI class=MsoNormal>Hwa Rang Do <LI class=MsoNormal>Northern Shaolin Kung Fu
    • Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu
    He Also Holds Black Belts in
    • Kung Fu San Soo

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Brazilian Ju-jutsu <LI class=MsoNormal>Five Animal Forms of Kenpo <LI class=MsoNormal>Shotokan Karate <LI class=MsoNormal>Tae Kwon Do <LI class=MsoNormal>Aikido <LI class=MsoNormal>Pa Qua
    • Haak Lung Chuan

He has been recognized with numerous awards by the President of the United States, acting as an advisor for the committee with the Presidential Task Force for Homeland Security, advising a committee for several of the airlines security forces, and has been a chairman and co-chairman of numerous business advising committees regarding

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:57pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what it's worth, his website has no mention of the school actually teaching BJJ.

His college security claims are probably the easiest to verify. Kimurafromgaurd [sic], perhaps you should contact these schools about this guy.

**EDIT**

And, for the record, just because his claims are true doesn't mean they are relevant to being a good fighter, or even a good officer, for that matter. Being in charge of campus security is not the same as being the head bouncer of a club. This isn't a "straight in the line of fire" position, which is why many heads of campus security are older, usually retired police officers looking to stay active without any serious risks. At my school (La Salle, FTW), qualifications for this position are basically previous law enforcement experience and good interpersonal skills. The head is usually just part H.R. person, part P.R. person, and part time driver of the campus drunk bus.
    Last edited by Lysol; 4/11/2010 10:28pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not quite sure how to operate in these threads, but here goes…

Did a quick google search of “The National Association For Missing Children. When in quotes, only two hits come up from Chuck Cory’s web site. When not in quotes The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children comes up with no other exact name matches on the first few pages. I went through nine pages total and didn’t see any other entire reference to The National Association for Missing Children.

I sent an email to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children asking if they knew of an organization called The National Association for Missing Children and also inquired if they knew Chuck Cory. (his web designer may have gotten the name wrong)

Quick google search of The National Association for Battered Women, when in quotes his website comes up as well as a Danish organization. I couldn’t find out much about it, but did send an email out to someone who wrote an article in which the NAFBW was mentioned. I have no idea how email translators work, or if she will get the message.

When quotes are removed the first hit is to this site, National Battered Women Organizations http://webofdeception.com/nationalba...norganizations. I went through the list and didn’t see The National Association for Battered Women on the list.

I sent an email out to Florida State University inquiring about Chuck Cory so when I hear back from them, I will post the email and the info.

For what it’s worth, a search of Chuck/Charles Cory at Whitehouse.gov comes up with no hits. A search for Cory comes up with a few pages of hits, but none of the names were Chuck/Charles or anything similar. I would guess if he was an advisor in some capacity, his name would come up, but I really don’t know if it should or not.

If I made any mis-steps, just let me know what they were. :-)
    Last edited by GirlJock; 4/11/2010 10:58pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 10:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also a thread going on Sherdog about it.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/an...faker-1186869/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 11:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Cory on The History Channel. Looks like the same guy in the picture of the link in the OP. This came up when I googled "Chuck Cory Ninjitsu".

YouTube- The History Channel's Modern Marvels: Ninja Weapons

He is also listed at Ninjutsu.com under USA Dojos.
    Last edited by GirlJock; 4/11/2010 11:16pm at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 11:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimorafromgaurd View Post
    Hey what's up I don't know if anyone has posted anything about this guy before or not but, I thought everyone should know. So he has a school called life skills ma, some sort of ninjitsu I guess. Besides claiming to be a 15th dan in this art and several black belts in other arts he also claims to be a black belt in BJJ. So I didn't just jump off the deep end and call BS I emailed the school 5 times asking for his credentials and, got one response from an instructor there named Max Carr, who looks like Malikai from Children of the Corn, saying that he'd ask Mr. Cory who he got his belt from and then get back to me. Then a week passed I sent a couple more emails and nothing.

So I'm posting this guys name and website http://www.lifeskillsma.com/id,6211/...nstructors.pml here and a few other places. Hopefully someone who is in Irving Ca can visit this place and test this guys "black belt" out and, give him the smashing he deserves. I just wanted to share with you guys what a POS and fraud this guy is!!!
    I used to train there back in '96-'97. He wasn't doing BJJ back then, it was all straight Bujinkan stuff, no cross-training. & as far as I know, there has never been any BJJ taught there at all. I'd be highly surprised if anyone would stand for any of that dirty ground-rolling....

Chuck Cory IS indeed an asshole, I can attest to that. Plus, he likes to **** the help at the risk of his marriage, from what I understand.

Plus, he's an idiot. The jutte was a weeding tool???? Wow. That would be news to generations and generations of Japanese police....
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 4/11/2010 11:53pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 7:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Email sent to verify his BJJ credentials. I was very polite, almost to the point of being effusive. Let's see if I get anything back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I decided to email UC-Irvine and Colorado School of Mines about this guy. I'll post responses as soon as I get them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:41am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone have a full legal name? I am trying to get more information on this guy through a few different sources. California has a tone of "Charles Cory"(s).

To thread leader/investigation leader: If there is anything I can do (research, calls, e-mails) let me know. I hate me some fakes.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast