Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 8:24pm

Style: Brazilian JiuJitsu, Wing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva vs Belfort will be killer. I think Dana white was most disrespectful to anderson in the post fight interview imo

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Except that Renzo asked for Hughes' help.
    Would he have gotten in trouble if he up-kicked Hughes when he bent over to help?

Edit: I ask this because I kind of wanted Maia to try it on Silva.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:11pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    I like the class that Hughes and Gracie showed.
    Agreed.

Very disappointed with Anderson Silva's behaviour. Didn't pay for a PPV to see him act like that. Maybe he's trying to demonstrate the combat effectiveness of capoeira.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NONE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC 112 was just a wacky night of fights all around. If BJ and Frankie fought again Frankie wins 2/10 times. I think BJ should get an immediate rematch. And as far as Anderson, feed him Sonnen(R). He's a grinder that will probably force AS to work. Sonnen's been talking a lot of trash too. Sets up for a nice prefight buildup.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 3:19pm

Style: shotokai/bjj/MT/ex-BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    loved hughes vs Renzo, and for his age and teh fact that he hadn't fought MMA in about 3 years he done well. Hughes is still a competant MMA fighter, he's just not GSP. As for Silva, this was the first Anderson Silva fight I've seen, as I'm not a fan of showboating. I now want to watch GSP kill him.

Also want to see a rematch between Penn and Edgar, as I'd love to see Penn lose the belt, but not in a boring 25 minute jab contest. Though loved Edgars quick moves, like a ferret on caffine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 4:33pm

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoshthereturn View Post
    loved hughes vs Renzo, and for his age and teh fact that he hadn't fought MMA in about 3 years he done well. Hughes is still a competant MMA fighter, he's just not GSP. As for Silva, this was the first Anderson Silva fight I've seen, as I'm not a fan of showboating. I now want to watch GSP kill him.

Also want to see a rematch between Penn and Edgar, as I'd love to see Penn lose the belt, but not in a boring 25 minute jab contest. Though loved Edgars quick moves, like a ferret on caffine.

I agree, that was if anything, the most amazing footwork and head movement combo I've seen in the MMA lighweight division.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:38pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDefense View Post
    I agree, that was if anything, the most amazing footwork and head movement combo I've seen in the MMA lighweight division.
    Just No. He was moving a lot but his footwork was terrible and his head movement was non-existent. Good footwork and head movement means you don't have to run around a lot. See Silva vs Franklin or Forrest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:48pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually a bit disappointed in the Hughes vs Gracie fight only because for once I really wanted to see a lot of ground work and got none. You have a guy who was one of the greatest wrestlers in UFC history and another who is IMO the greatest of the Gracie family (besides Royce), neither of which were ever known for their stand up.

I was insanely surprised that Edgar was able to pull it off, and Silva was entertaining for the first two rounds at least. I half-expected him to bust out some Capoeira moves (and magically make them work somehow).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 5:54pm

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Just No. He was moving a lot but his footwork was terrible and his head movement was non-existent. Good footwork and head movement means you don't have to run around a lot. See Silva vs Franklin or Forrest.

No,
    excellent footwork and head movement means you don't get hit a lot. Otherwise it is subjective to the art. Good footwork in MT is not always good foot work in Boxing is not usually good foot work in MMA might be terrible foot work in karate, savvy?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kalib Starnes approves this discussion.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast