Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 11:49pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Gonna say Machida retains. I'd have a hard time believing that he's going to watch the tape of the last fight and figure that there weren't any problems there. I'm wondering if Shogun's performance in the first one will actually hurt him this time- if he figures he absolutely can't leave it up to the judges, he might get too aggressive and play right into Machida's counter game. Either way, it's going to be an awesome rematch.

I want to see Daley continue to KO everyone ever, but that depends largely on his takedown defense. Koscheck couldn't get Alves down and got slaughtered standing up. Daley's got pretty comparable power, and we already saw Paulo Thiago drop Koscheck with a good shot. Daley by KO in the third round after a tough fight.
    If I recall Koscheck vs Alves correctly, Kos ate a ton of devastating leg kicks before trying to takes Alves down. Hopefully he sticks to his strengths this time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 12:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida VS Shogun
    I don't know who to choose in the one. As of last fight Shogun was clearly the winner. I had him winning 4 of the 5 rounds. So I'll give him the edge but it was by no means a one-sided fight. But we'll have to see both of the new strategies they bring to the rematch.

Koscheck VS Daley
    I think Koscheck will win by submission or ground and pound. He's far too good of a wrestler for Daley to prevent the takedown(if he chooses to go for it) and I think is a good enough striker to defend himself against Daley's power. He did well in the exchanges against Johnson(I'd say it was about even),withstood everything Alves hit him with and I don't think Daley will be able to attack the legs as Alves did.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 4:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really not a nut-hugger though I have to appreciate his style a lot for obvious reasons, but Machida won the previous fight 3/5 rounds IMO though I could see scoring it 3/5 the other way as two of the rounds were very close. Regardless, either way, anyone who thinks it was a travesty needs to (in addition to rewatching it on mute) remember that while Shogun did indeed look better by the end and probably would've won if it was an unlimited time fight, judging is about how many rounds you win.

Edit: come to think of it, not that it'd work with ppvs, but I'd like a special no-time-limit, someone-must-be-finished ruleset for this fight.
    Last edited by maofas; 4/12/2010 4:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 4:27pm

Style: AMAI TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post

Edit: come to think of it, not that it'd work with ppvs, but I'd like a special no-time-limit, someone-must-be-finished ruleset for this fight.
    Silva might actually fight his opponents then.....at some point when he is tired and wants to go home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 11:47am

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    But now, these 205-pound superstars will settle the score once and for all in the main event of UFC® 113
    Really? For once and for all ... hmm ... next fight for Machida if he lost would be?

Machida, Kos, Stout, Slice, Cote, Lawlor, Davis, Cote, Grant, Beltran, Yoshida

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:09pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida vs Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua - Light Heavyweight
    I cant decide, I want Rua to win but ive got a feeling Machida is gonna knock him out. **** it, I'm going with Rua.

Josh 'Kos' Koscheck vs Paul 'Semtex' Daley
    Daley to be taken down like 50 times then to win by typical brutal knockout.

Kevin 'Kimbo Slice' Ferguson vs Matt Mitrione
    Seriously? What is this Crap?! who wants to see this?
    What's the point in 'winning' the Ultimate fighter if even the guys who get their asses kicked get contracts?

Patrick 'The Predator' Cote vs Alan 'The Talent' Belcher

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 5:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rua to beat Machida: by way of Machida having no defence to hooks and leg kicks

Daley to beat Koschek: by way of Kos being a fucking idiot and standing
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 6:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shogun v Machida

I thought Shogun should have had him the last fight. I don't think he'll make the mistake of letting it go to a decision again. Then again, if he ups the aggression he could easily end up having his sh!t ruined by Machida. I just want Shogun to win.

Joshcheck v Daley

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but a lot of the Brits seem to be lacking a ground game, or at least some defense against it.

Mexicutioner v Corvin

How can you bet against a name like that?

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 6:18am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya View Post
    If I recall Koscheck vs Alves correctly, Kos ate a ton of devastating leg kicks before trying to takes Alves down. Hopefully he sticks to his strengths this time.
    Alves has much better takedown defence than Daley. Shields already showed how Daley should be fought.

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 6:20am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by heikengi View Post
    Joshcheck v Daley

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but a lot of the Brits seem to be lacking a ground game, or at least some defense against it.
    Ground games are generally good.
    (Just look at the Jits guys over here like Roger Gracie and Braulo Estima)

Its good quality wrestling instruction thats much harder to get in the UK.
    (Saying that though watch out for John Hathaway at UFC 114, the guy has GREAT Wrestling.)

Still think Daley will do it though, the guys a monster.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast