Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Missed this fucking **** entirely. Anyone know where I can get videos of these fights?
    Or any other Aldo fights, for that matter.
    Psst...!

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Videos.aspx?tid=0

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus, I must've drank way more than I usually do. Just woke up.

Anyways, when my brother first mentioned wanting to go to WEC 48, I wasn't interested because of my other poor experiences attending MMA events at Arco. I went, begrudgingly, because it was his birthday. I am certainly glad I went, though because that was friggin' awesome. I don't know that one night of fights will make up for the shenanigans at five other MMA events at arco, but if the WEC ever comes to Arco again (but probably won't) I will be much more eager to attend.

A couple points:

Garcia-Jung is the greatest fight I've ever seen in person, maybe the best I've ever seen period. The entire arena was shouting "GAR-CI-A! GAR-CI-A!" for 3 solid rounds, but when the decision was announced, Garcia got booed. I think that even though the crowd was rooting for the American over the evil foreigner, they knew that Jung won that fight.

I thought Pickett-Johnson had the FOTN honors locked up, until I saw Garcia-Jung. From Brad Pickett coming out dressed like Brad Pitt in Snatch (Der ya like dags?) to Johnson attempting flying knees every 10 seconds, despite Pickett catching him and taking him down & a Brit outwrestling an American, that was extremely entertaining.

Does Rani Yahya not have any sponsors? His plain white shorts looked like he just picked them up at Big 5 right before the fight.

The douchebaggery was at a dull roar compared to other events I've attended at Arco, i.e. this time nobody died. There was a fight in the stands during the Aldo-Faber fight, though. Everyone seemed to be less inclined to start **** compared to other events.

Some company had handed out t-shirts that said "No Way Jose" & half of Arco was wearing them. They were funny and clever, but looked pretty stupid about 3 rounds in to the main event.

Mike Thomas Brown got a hero's welcome at Arco. Considering the venom spewed at him the last 2 times he was there, I was surprised. Call it the "Jens Pulver Effect." Fight their boy, and Sacramentans will spit in your face, but stay respectful, fight your heart out and come back to the lion's den and they'll love you.

For being such loyal and fierce fans, people started leaving after the 3rd round of the Aldo-Faber fight. Give me a break. I hate it when they do that at Kings games or Giants games, but it's even worse at an MMA fight, when your hometown hero is getting dominated. What if he had pulled a Scott Smith and knocked out Aldo with a lucky punch? Even if he didn't, a true fan would have stayed until the end and at least wanted to hear what Urijah had to say in the post-fight interview.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem, this might get my head chopped off. BuuuuuT you don't need those low quality pirate streams. Instead:

Code:
    Go to www.btjunkie.org (or some other favorite torrent site)
    search ufc, wec, strikeforce, fighter name, event name...

:zicon_bat

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 5:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, what an amazing event. When I first heard talk about MMA, this is what I imagined it would be. Well done, you tiny killer baby men of the lighter weight classes. Well done indeed.

The Korean Zombie earned his name with blood, guts and a fucking sweet take down.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh hey, if anyone was wondering what Jose Aldo's autograph looks like, check it out:

Last edited by Conde Koma; 4/27/2010 2:31am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 4:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Korean Zombie was robbed!!! Awesome fight, though.
    Also, I was shocked, SHOCKED when Manny KO'd Brown. Did not see that coming.
    And I definitely want to see Henderson face the LW fighters in the UFC now that he's pretty much cleared out the WEC LW division.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345