Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 2:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizwar31 View Post
    ...And my Axe.

DUDE JUST CAME UP WITH THE BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!

Go on You tube and show him all the mountainous vids. Make him watch it till he pukes (probably only 3 vids or so)

Then show him clips of hatsumi, then ask him if he thinks this guy is any good. Don't into him as a Soke. Intro him as a ninjer outreach to the elderly. Ask your friend if he would give this geezer a BB. Then spring it on him that he is the soke of all ninjer. That should kill any hope of this idiot joining ninjer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:16pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's too difficult for me to cash in off of.

Show him Deadliest Warrior, tell him about my Spartan Academy, and emphasize that I have been to Sparta. He will no longer want to ninjer it up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:21pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember owning a Stephen Hayes book when I was in HS and going to TMA. I thought that guy was the real effin deal and so wished I could attent some seminar. In his book that I had he claimed all kinds of lineage, after all, how could he be lying? If he did so publicly wouldnt all the other ninja masters come out and kill him? Oh wait....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 3:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak View Post
    have him watch hedgehogey choke ninjas.
    This. Push ups.

YouTube- hedgehogey chokes kid with sound 1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 6:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have sound, why did he do that? It looked like he just attacked the kid for no reason. Was kid talkin' smack?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 6:18pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbydeth View Post
    I don't have sound, why did he do that? It looked like he just attacked the kid for no reason. Was kid talkin' smack?
    I thought it was a gong sau initiated by the ninjer?

Resulted in a YouTube- Reversal of Fortune

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 6:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah I see. Sorry for my showing my newb to everyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 1:13am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did Ninjutsu for a number of years when I was in High School. My insight is this: to anyone who crosstrains, it should be pretty obvious that the punching and kicking they employ is useless. The grapple is low percentage stuff that won't work on anyone who resists, but this will only become apparent if he attempts it in sparring against people from a legitemate grappling place. The weapons stuff cannot be tested, but as far as self defense, do you really expect to ever have to use or defend against a katana?

*** I must admit, the weapons stuff is pretty cool. Sticks and knives still have relevance in our society, but I do think there are better places to learn these than ninjutsu. And if you want to learn the sword, take kenjutsu. ***

There is another thread in MABS where an outside source is linked to pointing out that within the ryuha of ninjutsu, very little of it is historically linked to ninjas, and that the parts that claim to be linked to ninjas are very suspect.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with doing ninjutsu, just as there is nothing wrong with reenacting the civil war. The thing is to try and not convince yourself that it will help you much in a fight, or a self defense situation. Also there is a lot of historical documentation of the civil war, whereas not much is known about the ninjas.

Your best bet might be to point out some of this to him diplomaticly. If that doesn't work, send him to MABS. Then give him time and let him make his choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 2:07am

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone is in Ninja classes kick their ass. Seriously, just give them an ass woopin. Yes, they might get mad at you and you might hurt both their pride and faces, but its the only way to prove that their techniques cannot work under pressure.

They should that you for it someday.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 3:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd encourage his ninja dreams and then push to get him to put techniques on youtube. There really can't be too many ninjas on youtube.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast