Page 3 of 15 First 123456713 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD, 5th grade.
    Interpreted a kata where the wrists cross in a v was meant to be a sort of wristlock for a punch. Held it, looked really stupid.
    Shoryuken attempt, 6th grade. Big kid, much beefier than me too, smacked me. Crouched down, unknowingly must have pivoted, launched my fist and launched all of my weight into his chin. He was severely stunned. Didn't ko, didn't fall, but all I have to say is...
    One fucking impractical video game move was more useful to me than 14 months of TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably about 8 or 9 years ago when I was still drinking, at some heavy metal bar I tangled with a guy probably 100 lbs heavier and at least a foot taller than me.... STUPID MOVE #1

...after a couple shoves, failed jabs, and landing a decent cross he grabs my wrist and slams me backwards through some tables onto the floor and I try to pull a Juji Gatame while kicking him in the face with my sandal (?).... STUPID MOVE #2

...his 250-280 lb frame crushes on top of me I decide to go into full guard and latch onto his neck while shoving my thumb in his eye. His friends proceed to stomp on my head until the bouncers pry us apart. STUPID MOVE #3

Personal lesson: bottom guard **** isn't too smart in a street fight.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick View Post
    Jumping knee.
    Followed by examining the ceiling.
    Andrei Arlovski? Is that you?

I once tried to do the whole Ong Bak 'climb on your opponent's leg then knee' attack. I'm sure it's called Hanuman flings his poo or something.

Anyway, all I accomplished was pulling a bit of my partner's pants down when I tried to launch off of his leg.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol I actually did that to a huge black guy called julian when I was in school, it only worked because he outweighed me by so much that he went absolutely nowhere when I pushed off his leg.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought I could take a groin kick while lining up a monstrous right hand.

I couldnt.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to throw a guy who was both taller and heavier than myself, and I never trained Judo. Then I tried posting on the way down.

On the bright side, I can now gross out girls with the noises my wrist makes.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pacifism.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During my one-year stint in TKD, was having a friendly spar with a fellow high school student. He ignored my snappy, no-contact, head-height round house kick, and instead buried his fist up to the elbow in my gut.

Lay there on the floor, holding my stomach and thought "hey, I have got to train with these people."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Pacifism.
    ^
    This.

I got gunshy my second time sparring back when I was doing Muay Thai against a heavyweight amateur.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a drunk guy in a club get pissed off at the clubs owner and try and scissor kick him...didnt work. Dude fell over (actually, it looked like he tripped or something) then got promptly choked out by the head bouncer. Was pretty funny actually cause me and a couple bouncers were just standing there (club wasnt even really packed yet, still early) in a circle just talkin and then this dude just trips and gets chocked out on the floor while we are all standing over him drinkin our drinks and sayin "Yep, that sucks."

Page 3 of 15 First 123456713 ... Last