Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Greetings! And please don't tackle me!*

Greetings, I am a college student in second year of practicing Aikido in a student club.

I practice MA mostly for health reasons rather than to kick ass.

I have been constantly moving from one country to another so I only had limited amount of martial arts experience in each country which include:
    -1 year each of TKD and HKD when I was living in Korea just like any Korean boys who were around town. (sadly I don't remember anything from these two)
    -Practiced for rather short period of 6 month at Aikido Federation (Singapore) until SARS broke out and I had to stay away from crowded public areas.
    -Now I am practicing Aikido in college in US.

I wanted to actually take Taekkyon as my main style (due to striking similarities to Korean mask dance and Korean Farmers' drumming, which I perform) and supplement it with Aikido, but obviously Taekkyon is almost nonexistent in US so somehow my intended supplement style became the main style. I am eagerly waiting for the day I return to Korea and learn Taekkyon.

I am also very interested in Taichi and Kungfu.

*p.s. regarding the title: One day I was cross training in an Eskrima class, and I found out another fella who was cross training. Upon finding out that my main style was Aikido and his was BJJ/Wrestling, he called Aikido utter BS and just randomly tackled me down to the floor saying "Try blocking this!" As an Aikidoka, I wasn't too familiar being on ground, but I calmly applied nikkyo on his throat so he would choke and release me. After that day, I politely ask other MA guys not to tackle me unless it is intended for sparring or training. Being tackled just because this fella thought Aikido is BS was BS.
    Last edited by Oonjuk; 4/09/2010 5:55pm at .

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the site, what college you studying at?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I attend Rutgers University, NJ.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....fag.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rules of this forum don't apply to you Omega ?

Great example setting there mate.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post

I am pretty sure all that is explained in the FORUM STICKY .

OP,

Welcome to Bullshido
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post

Actually no they don't. Maybe you should read the rules a bit better....fuckhead.:uhaul:

The gift that keeps on giving supporting member
    Style
    On hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega can **** on whoever he wants and we like it that way.

Welcome, Oonjuk.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oonjuk View Post
    Greetings, I am a college student in second year of practicing Aikido in a student club.

I practice MA mostly for health reasons rather than to kick ass.

I have been constantly moving from one country to another so I only had limited amount of martial arts experience in each country which include:
    -1 year each of TKD and HKD when I was living in Korea just like any Korean boys who were around town. (sadly I don't remember anything from these two)
    -Practiced for rather short period of 6 month at Aikido Federation (Singapore) until SARS broke out and I had to stay away from crowded public areas.
    -Now I am practicing Aikido in college in US.

I wanted to actually take Taekkyon as my main style (due to striking similarities to Korean mask dance and Korean Farmers' drumming, which I perform) and supplement it with Aikido, but obviously Taekkyon is almost nonexistent in US so somehow my intended supplement style became the main style. I am eagerly waiting for the day I return to Korea and learn Taekkyon.

I am also very interested in Taichi and Kungfu.

*p.s. regarding the title: One day I was cross training in an Eskrima class, and I found out another fella who was cross training. Upon finding out that my main style was Aikido and his was BJJ/Wrestling, he called Aikido utter BS and just randomly tackled me down to the floor saying "Try blocking this!" As an Aikidoka, I wasn't too familiar being on ground, but I calmly applied nikkyo on his throat so he would choke and release me. After that day, I politely ask other MA guys not to tackle me unless it is intended for sparring or training. Being tackled just because this fella thought Aikido is BS was BS.
    For the record I think your story is bullshit kid. You calmly applied Nikkyo to his throat? He tackled you randomly? "Try blocking this"?

Anybody want this thread in YMAS?

Style
    Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This really did happen but I don't think this fella actually knew BJJ or wrestling at all as he claimed. BJJ club occupies the practice space in gym right after Aikido club and I've seen those guys train, and it is no joke. They are some badass guys who could beat me easily in a fight. If this guy was actual guy who practiced BJJ, all that nikkyo to the throat bullshit would have never happend. I do agree with you with this one Omega, it was BULLSHIT. There was no way I could have done a nikkyo on an REAL BJJ guy when I am on GROUND! (especially to the throat, WTH, it's not even a techinique meant for the throat). Anyhow, but with all my sincerity, this guy did tackle me just because he thought Aikido is piece of garbage MA and I think he was trying to prove his point by tackling me and demonstrating that I wouldn't be able to be out of his pin. Actually scratch that. I HAD NO CLUE what the heck he was doing, but I don't think average MAist randomly surprise tackle or attack a person because he/she thinks that other MA sucks (not to mention, he miserably failed to do whatever he was trying to do). I do apologise for my story sounding bullshit Omega, to be honest even I was quite stunned by the event and thought that was bullshit. I am not quite sure being physically tackled or attacked because someone else think MA I practice is bullshit is a common occurance, maybe I just had a bad day meeting a douche bag fella.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last