Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 9:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and BTW, the one thing that DID annoy me is that I couldn't find ANY history or qualifications for Rick Tew. What is his martial arts experience? Does he hold any ranks? Who did he train under? What qualifies him to have his own college or martial arts?
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GajusCaeser, you need to get your bullshit meter checked.

Lets start with the whole "Martial Science" thing you brought up. Well, the whole idea behind the Martial part is learning how to fight, which if you watch any of the videos, THEY DON'T DO. You see students acting out mini choreographed fight sequences with over reactions that would make any B martial arts movie jealous. While the rock climbing, paint ball dodging might look cool, you're not learning anything "martial". You brought up a good point about the spinning part, she he always fucking does. He jumps and spins with everything he does. Either this guy has no idea on what a real fight looks like, or he's taking advantage of people who don't know what real fights look like.

The Science part, I don't know where he gets off on that one. Where's the science? I've read that he makes his students read self help books and give oral presentations on it. Ooooh, awesome! On his bio page it says that his "fans" call him "Mr Physiology" or whatever, not because he has a degree in it, but because that what his "fans" call him.

Mr Tew's history is that he was a Dux Ryu student. Frank Dux has already been proven to be a fraud, what do you think that makes Mr Tew.

Somebody needs to call Rick and tell him that the don't make the American Ninja movies anymore.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 10:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by matzahbal
    GajusCaeser, you need to get your bullshit meter checked.

Lets start with the whole "Martial Science" thing you brought up. Well, the whole idea behind the Martial part is learning how to fight, which if you watch any of the videos, THEY DON'T DO. You see students acting out mini choreographed fight sequences with over reactions that would make any B martial arts movie jealous.

Mr Tew's history is that he was a Dux Ryu student. Frank Dux has already been proven to be a fraud, what do you think that makes Mr Tew.
    They DO have clips showing students learning to fight in a full contact sparring/grappling situation that is NOT prescripted and is overseen by an instructor. The two students didn't look like decent thai boxers by any means, but there was no indication of their rank or prior training. I DID see the stupid scripted flowery crap videos as well. Go to the site, click on Action Videos, the click on Sparring and Grappling. Several of the sparring matches end up on the ground, in a mount, with ground and pound.

REMEMBER that my argument wasn't that it looked cool, useful, or even decent. It was just that they looked like they live up to the few claims they make.

On his history, I didn't know he was a student of Frank Dux, who is obviously a total joke. However, is that the sole source of his training? Does everyone that once trained in a McDojo ALWAYS remain a lame excuse for a martial artist?

I am not saying I think Rick Tew could take Tank Abbott in a fight or anything. He'd probably die. Some of his techniques look kind of retarded, but does he claim that they will make you and unbeatable NINJA WARRIOR on TH3 STR33T? As far as I saw, he doesn't claim that.

Now, if Rick Tew used his Tew Ryu and DID beat Tank Abbott in a fight, I'd have a lot more respect for his school. I don't think it will happen any time soon though.

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Joe Son Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've personally never heard of this; HOWEVER, if DRD AND Greese1 give it the middle finger THEN I am inclined to agree.
    FrontFaceLock from ADCC: "So thats Royce's secret. Voo doo and nut shots?"

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 10:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me just quote a great man before we call Bullshido. . .

"To call Bullshido where it exists is right and proper, but all sides must be heard."

A very respected member of this forum said the above.

We have not yet had any reply or defense of his school from Mr. Tew. I think we should at least wait for that to make an actual call. If I am missing some important piece of information that we have, then would someone please fill me in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 11:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar
    Oh, and BTW, the one thing that DID annoy me is that I couldn't find ANY history or qualifications for Rick Tew. What is his martial arts experience? Does he hold any ranks? Who did he train under? What qualifies him to have his own college or martial arts?
    i am not one hundred percent on this BUT i belive that i remebered reading that he was a former student of that wonderful bullshidoka frank dux, and that he was disillusioned and screwed over by dux. i'll search for what i read but it has been a while.

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am not one hundred percent on this BUT i belive that i remebered reading that he was a former student of that wonderful bullshidoka frank dux, and that he was disillusioned and screwed over by dux. i'll search for what i read but it has been a while.
    If you poke around on the site you will see a recent pic of Frank and Rick together. It was for some kind of seminar or something. They re-org'd the site, so I'm not completely sure if it was there.

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar They DO have clips showing students learning to fight in a full contact sparring/grappling situation that is NOT prescripted and is overseen by an instructor. The two students didn't look like decent thai boxers by any means, but there was no indication of their rank or prior training. I DID see the stupid scripted flowery crap videos as well. Go to the site, click on Action Videos, the click on Sparring and Grappling. Several of the sparring matches end up on the ground, in a mount, with ground and pound.
    It doesn't take a genius to have two students put on pads and have them go at it, and have a fight end with a ground'n pound is nothing spectacular.

REMEMBER that my argument wasn't that it looked cool, useful, or even decent. It was just that they looked like they live up to the few claims they make.
    So far from what I've seen from the video cips he takes a bunch of yahoo's out on a long camping trip and teaches them bullshido.

On his history, I didn't know he was a student of Frank Dux, who is obviously a total joke. However, is that the sole source of his training? Does everyone that once trained in a McDojo ALWAYS remain a lame excuse for a martial artist?
    He'd be lucky if what he went to could be classified as a 'mcdojo'. He went to somebody that was basicly making it up as he went on.

I am not saying I think Rick Tew could take Tank Abbott in a fight or anything. He'd probably die. Some of his techniques look kind of retarded, but does he claim that they will make you and unbeatable NINJA WARRIOR on TH3 STR33T? As far as I saw, he doesn't claim that.
    He does claim to be teaching ninjitsu, and because we know who his 'ninjitsu' teacher is, we know he's not.

Now, if Rick Tew used his Tew Ryu and DID beat Tank Abbott in a fight, I'd have a lot more respect for his school. I don't think it will happen any time soon though.
    If that happened I will eat raw bacon off the floor of a mens bathroom in a bus station.

You seem more interested in playing the Devil's advocate than actually seeing some 80's wanna be ninja jumping around in the woods ripping people off.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking ninjas......
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't take a genius to have two students put on pads and have them go at it, and have a fight end with a ground'n pound is nothing spectacular.
    Never said it was spectacular. Just said they did it and that most McDojos don't do it.

So far from what I've seen from the video cips he takes a bunch of yahoo's out on a long camping trip and teaches them bullshido.
    Yeah, he takes them out on a camping trip, but how do we KNOW he is teaching Bullshido?

He'd be lucky if what he went to could be classified as a 'mcdojo'. He went to somebody that was basicly making it up as he went on.
    Can't dispute that. However, it doesn't GUARANTEE that he teaches Bullshido.

He does claim to be teaching ninjitsu, and because we know who his 'ninjitsu' teacher is, we know he's not.
    Well, who defines Ninjitsu? If I were going to open a school and didn't want it to look like a McDojo, I probably wouldn't say I taught ninjitsu, but still. He does say his style is Tew Ryu, which does sound stupid but also can't be adequately evaluated as to whether it is sound or not until someone has seen it.

If that happened I will eat raw bacon off the floor of a mens bathroom in a bus station.

You seem more interested in playing the Devil's advocate than actually seeing some 80's wanna be ninja jumping around in the woods ripping people off.
    Well, yeah. I confess. I DO enjoy playind Devil's advocate quite a lot. It probably has to do with my conservative religious upbringing which has scarred me for life.

However, remember the wise words of DRD. . .

"To call Bullshido where it exists is right and proper, but all sides must be heard."

I am just trying to provide a little balance until we can hear some sort of rebuttal/defense from Tew or a representative of his style/college.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast