I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nnate View Post
    I could never run that fast, but I used to have a gas tank that would never run out. The down side was I have a problem with insomnia if I don't burn enough energy.

Exploring like that almost got me killed when I was 20. I had the luck of stumbling onto someone's meth lab while roaming around the woods in the north end of the county. Unfortunately, the meth lab's owners were home.

Ever have the joy of a bunch of rednecks trying to run you down in a truck? Fun times.

No never. However, i live out in a city where you can find ranches in the middle of the fucking city. I mean they're small, but they're still ranches. I used to deliver pizza out in the east-iest parts of town where crazy southern flag waving people would greet me with shotguns at the door when I delivered. Not the most fun of things I've ever had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    Dude, who plays Pokemon anymore? It was all right up to silver & gold, I'd rather play those on emulator then spend my money on the new Shitbrown and Pukegreen games.
    This is a remake of silver. It's pretty badass since I never got around to playing it.

Plus the pokewalker. Man that **** is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    Sirc I saw you in the Ddt fight. You didn't look fat at all. I think you would be better of if you gained some muscles instead of loosing weight. (putting it out there like a dickhead) I am just saying that your game would totally change if you gained some strength. You would definitely win a rematch with ddt too if you got stronger than him.. technically he was awful.

Besides you can avoid running. You hate to run. you said it yourself. You probably have developed the a knee specialized for fast running or jumping too. If so then you are not meant to be a long distance runner, which does not have to be a bad thing.
    Yeah, I'm working on that. I've been plagued with injuries since like September of last year. Severely bruised ribs, tore ligaments in my wrist, rolled my ankle... twice in gymnastics, broke a few ribs, then in the 2 weeks I had health again, I dedicated it to taking like 2 judo classes and running as much as I could and fought DTT, then right after I got the flu, got fat, then I cut my leg open right after that!

Quote Originally Posted by t3h d3adly View Post
    you bought soulsilver ENJOY NOT HAVING A GOOD FIRE POKEMON...I mean...yeah the pedometer is pretty cool. Stops quite a few pirates I'd imagine.
    Fucking whatever. I can get vulpix, also that's why I picked my totodile which I've named Sobek, after the Egyptian River Crocodile God.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    I just looked this product up on Amazon and I didn't understand a single fucking word.

So, Sirc, how did you Pokemon behave while inside your Pokewalker? Did you have to change its diaper?
    You don't have to do **** actually, it's realy just a pedometer with a pokemon theme. The more you run, the more it counts and then you can play minigames at your leisure.

Seriously all you do is load a pokemon into the pokewalker using wifi, then you just walk around for a while and voila, your pokemon finds presents and **** to give to you. You have the option of playing minigames while your pokemon is in the walker, but it's not necessary. When you load him back into your DS, you get a cute little story that the game makes up for you. It's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Then run sprint intervals.

I get the exploring thing, but the training effect of a mile of biking and a mile of running are not equivalent, so be careful not to look at them that way.

*checks forum*

Also, suck on my balls!
    I do run sprint intervals, sprint 1/8th mile, walk for 1:30, sprint, walk, sprint, walk. Etc. It's just hard to find a place that I can run for that long without having to stop for traffic and all that.

Also, I know that about running. I think I read a thing somewhere that 3 miles on a bike is close to being 1 mile running.

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 12:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I know that about running. I think I read a thing somewhere that 3 miles on a bike is close to being 1 mile running.
    Time and effort, rather than distance, are your benchmarks.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 12:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Seriously all you do is load a pokemon into the pokewalker using wifi, then you just walk around for a while and voila, your pokemon finds presents and **** to give to you. You have the option of playing minigames while your pokemon is in the walker, but it's not necessary. When you load him back into your DS, you get a cute little story that the game makes up for you. It's really simple.
    My son was doing this and "found" a diamond (or something, I don't remember) in Target so now he's convinced everytime he has his Feraligator in the Pokewalker in Target.....he's going to get a diamond.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 12:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I do some work for Nike and get some goodies every year.
    I thought this was lame at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

Nike +iPod pedometer
    Nice option if you already have compatible Nikes and an iPhone, Nano whatever.
    It is cheap and small too.

I'm gonna make a playlist from that classical music thread and see if it increases my wattage. :)
    I don't see the option of taking my Pidgey along for a walk....

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 12:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Time and effort, rather than distance, are your benchmarks.
    Yeah, I think that's what the thing I read said. Something about the average of energy spent and effort to get you there is about that ratio.

That's why I try to push and "sprint" on my bike as much as possible. It's hard because it's easy to just cheat and let momentum do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    My son was doing this and "found" a diamond (or something, I don't remember) in Target so now he's convinced everytime he has his Feraligator in the Pokewalker in Target.....he's going to get a diamond.
    Haha. You should teach him about random encounters. Tell him to think of it the same way he is when he's playing the game.

BTW, what's his friend code, I'll totally kick his ass.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 1:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha. You should teach him about random encounters. Tell him to think of it the same way he is when he's playing the game.

BTW, what's his friend code, I'll totally kick his ass.
    I have no fucking clue what his friend code is.
    And I am sure you would, he has no strategy other then "level 100 legendary with all attack moves."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 1:06pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have no idea why they chose to do silver and gold remakes. why not just do the latest ones (diamond and pearl?) for the most up to date pokemon? this is like a ten year blast from the past. also the best way to lose weight is to do weightlifting. you lose more weight faster with one hour of hard weightlifting than one hour of hard cardio.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 2:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizwar31 View Post
    i have no idea why they chose to do silver and gold remakes. why not just do the latest ones (diamond and pearl?) for the most up to date pokemon? this is like a ten year blast from the past. also the best way to lose weight is to do weightlifting. you lose more weight faster with one hour of hard weightlifting than one hour of hard cardio.
    Not trying to lose weight so much as I'm trying to just get rid of the excess I have gained over the past few months.

Also, this has all the updated pokemon, you can get them.

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 2:22pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I do run sprint intervals, sprint 1/8th mile, walk for 1:30, sprint, walk, sprint, walk. Etc. It's just hard to find a place that I can run for that long without having to stop for traffic and all that.

Find a hill or stadium stairs. Sprint up, walk down. Repeat.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 4:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once did sprint intervals on a squash court, shuttle run style. It wasn't especially pleasant, but it did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast