Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 1:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    Knee to the butt can cause sciatica. This man has te dedly.
    Getting kneed in the hamstring or the ITB can hurt like fucking hell. And if someone were to actually damage your sciatic nerve w/ a strike... you wouldn't be talking ****, man. That **** hurts. I had a patient who slipped jumping off the side of a five-ton, racked his groin and hit his sciatic nerve. He was a tough Marine, too, & I know he was hurting. Dude cried, man. I never saw him cry over anything but that, so I know it hurt.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems to me that the knee to the butt can also change your opponent's posture to be more upright for a split second, which is something that can work in your favor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 9:15am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Getting kneed in the hamstring or the ITB can hurt like fucking hell. And if someone were to actually damage your sciatic nerve w/ a strike... you wouldn't be talking ****, man. That **** hurts. I had a patient who slipped jumping off the side of a five-ton, racked his groin and hit his sciatic nerve. He was a tough Marine, too, & I know he was hurting. Dude cried, man. I never saw him cry over anything but that, so I know it hurt.
    I was only half joking with that post. A buddy of mine was diagnosed with sciatica after he was tackled in a pick-up football game, tackled on to a rock, butt first that is. After weeks of enduring the pain he finally went to see a doctor who told him no more football.

I'm sure knee to butt can cause some damage but I'm somewhat doubtful it can cause sciatica since you have to hit the nerve through the butt muscles with the force of the strike being spread over the surface area of the knee.

I will admit I know very little about anatomy or (physics)? but that dumbfuk in the video doesn't know jackshit about anything which is why he was labeled 'te dedly'
    Last edited by The_Beak; 4/12/2010 9:18am at . Reason: grammar and spellng

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    I was only half joking with that post. A buddy of mine was diagnosed with sciatica after he was tackled in a pick-up football game, tackled on to a rock, butt first that is. After weeks of enduring the pain he finally went to see a doctor who told him no more football.

I'm sure knee to butt can cause some damage but I'm somewhat doubtful it can cause sciatica since you have to hit the nerve through the butt muscles with the force of the strike being spread over the surface area of the knee.

I will admit I know very little about anatomy or (physics)? but that dumbfuk in the video doesn't know jackshit about anything which is why he was labeled 'te dedly'
    Actually, I figure if one were to try to get at the sciatic, the best place would be the inner lower quadrant of the glute or just go right for the top of the hamstring, since that'd be two targets for repeated knees there. Though, too much risk on hitting the groin if you ask me....
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 11:27am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kneed through the ass
    And you're to blame

You give shorin
    A bad name

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 12:01pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    knees to the butt aside this guy doesnt really give karate any worst of a name than it already has. Its given itself this name by devorcing and notion of reality from their art. Karate was once a very effective art and could certainly be again but guys like this are more interested in larping IMHO than in the real grit and suffering that goes into making a bull killing Karate SOB. People in may now MacDojo arts like to talk about how hard they train. How hard they workout but they never mention how smart they train, because they dont. Never look into updating their techniques to account for the modern world and never take their "sparring" beyond light contact point fighting. This seems to be a plague of TMA. Instead of working to the future they simply look to the past with an idealize view of what their holding. That gleaming sword Excalibur they thing they have in their hands is really just a rusted out butter knife.

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 4:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^
    That's nice, I'm going to yell Thunder Cats HO as my kiai from now on when I punch people in the face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 8:46am

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    knees to the butt aside this guy doesnt really give karate any worst of a name than it already has. Its given itself this name by devorcing and notion of reality from their art.
    As long as you persist in your belief that karate is monolithic, you will find plenty of examples to reinforce your opinion.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 9:16am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    ^
    That's nice, I'm going to yell Thunder Cats HO as my kiai from now on when I punch people in the face.
    i've actually been planning on a thundercats patch on my gi as a mon.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 10:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Jenkins View Post
    As long as you persist in your belief that karate is monolithic, you will find plenty of examples to reinforce your opinion.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he is trying to fit in.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast