Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 7:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Yes, it used to, but that's not what he's talking about now.
    He said it had nothing to do with women (the white stripe), and that is not true from a historical pesrpective.

If he wants to promote a "people who don't compete should wear women belts" policy, go ahead, not my business.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 3:09am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    He said it had nothing to do with women (the white stripe), and that is not true from a historical pesrpective.

If he wants to promote a "people who don't compete should wear women belts" policy, go ahead, not my business.
    I think he's more interested in the indicator of whether a person's tested himself in shiai or not.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 6:49am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DCS,

I am aware of your problems with me over the Aikido stuff. I can also see that "forgive and forget" is not high on your list of life skills. However, this is just becoming fatuous to the point of the absurd.

In as much as I can't put your posts on ignore, or take you off my friends list here... ok, lets have another fight.

<<<It had everything to do with women.>>>

ONLY in the context that women did not do Shiai, period. NO woman in the early days of Kodokan Judo did shiai, as such they did NOT have the total training. THAT was the only reason for the stripe.

<<<But it seems you want it back.>>>

Yes,MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvFOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT DO SHIAI. Did you miss that connection, or are you too busy desperately trying to prove me wrong you are ignoring the total of the point here?

<<<No, the purpose of the belt with a white stripe was it was lesser because the person wearing it was a woman, and women were not allowed to engage in shiai.>>>

A distinction without a difference. Your attempt to project feminist agenda backward into history aside, it changes nothing. If you did not do Shiai you wore the white stripe. Women did not do shiai so they wore the white stripe. Now that women do shiai, they do not wear the white stripe anymore, EXCEPT in some silly schools over here that have no idea why it was used in the first place.

<<<And you don't need to shout.>>>

Lacking a 2 X 4 to get the donkeys attention, caps will have to do....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 6:56am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post

Perhaps you really are a jackass as I find it hard to believe anyone can be obtuse.

No shiai, no solid color belt. Period. That was the purpose. We can play chicken and the egg all day, but it really gets us no where. ALL men HAD to shiai, period. There was NO way to earn ANY other belt for a man if they didn't do shiai. Was THAT unfair to men? No woman did shiai, period. The only "historical perspective" is that. Women couldn't do a lot of things back then, but if you want to continue to revise history for a feminist agenda, that is not my business.

However, if it is "not your business," why not ignore all of my posts as I do with all of yours?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345