223509 Bullies, 3516 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 46
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 1:10am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    The Ultimate Fighter - Ortiz vs. Liddell: Episode 2

    Firstly, I can't believe that no one's beaten me to creating this thread.

    Is it just me, or is Chuck's entire coaching squad focused on striking?

    What did you guys think about the first round of this episode's fight? My own perspective (as someone who's never trained a day in his life) was that Clayton was looking very good doing almost nothing, but that was before things picked up.
    Spoiler:
    Tito showed some excellent coaching following the fight, making sure to gently correct the mistake before any self-indulgent negativity took hold. The same goes for Tito's effort to draw Clayton into the community before he could get too wrapped up in isolating himself.

    With regard to the production itself, I'm very glad that the show now opens with the title instead of that song they used for so long. Am I the only one that hated that song? The camera work and picture quality seems much improved as well, though it seems to me that some of the shots are too tightly focused. I wish there was a button on my remote to zoom out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,960

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 3:06am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like song. Angry music good. Chucks camp kickboxing, wrestling.....that's it.
  3. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 3:16am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    needless to say, i was very pleased with the outcome of this episode.
  4. Draven is offline
    Draven's Avatar

    ('._.)

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,755

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 8:23am


     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do people really still watch this ****?
  5. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 8:42am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    were you ever much of a fan?
  6. tideliar is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 9:08am


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    needless to say, i was very pleased with the outcome of this episode.
    Yeah, vicarious congratulations mate :)
  7. ItsRDC is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Bridgewater, MA
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 10:15am


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post

    Is it just me, or is Chuck's entire coaching squad focused on striking?
    Scott Epstein from 10th Planet is Chuck's ground coach, although for some reason they didn't show him during the last ep that I saw...I hope his team's got some good flexibility...
  8. capt. moroni is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    245

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 10:22am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tito's such a great coach...
  9. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 12:42pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are they seriously doing this fight...

    again?

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  10. Beatdown Richie is offline
    Beatdown Richie's Avatar

    game dog

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,886

    Posted On:
    4/08/2010 3:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    With regard to the production itself, I'm very glad that the show now opens with the title instead of that song they used for so long. Am I the only one that hated that song?
    Don't celebrate too early. Probably they'll play the song for the coming episodes with the standard intro, now that the teams have been picked.

    That said, Chuck made the obvious and correct choice of picking off an injured opponent before he can recover. It seems that picking the first fight is the more powerful option than picking the first fighter... if the coach is good at evaluating each fighter's strengths and weaknesses.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.