Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is actually a JCVD reality TV series being aired on UK TV. i've had a neck injury lately (spazzy noob yanked the **** out of my head last monday) which has given me trouble sleeping, and this show has been one of the things i've been watching to pass the time at night.

as of the last episode he's still planning to fight. but he isn't training for it properly, still drinking and smoking and partying in between flying all over the world for work. he does just enough at the gym to look good for his roles (though he does look great for 50).

he's going to start training with an old instructor from decades ago who has trained quite a few full contact karate champions. obviously not what he needs to be training in if he wants to fight muay thai. and he still hasn't even started preparing yet.

he had a medical check up which included scans, and his knees and hips are pretty much fucked.

his bipolar disorder also becomes apparent. he breaks down crying in every episode and has pretty strong mood swings. he feels that if he loses this fight, his life will be over. completely the wrong attitude imo. what i'd like to see is JC handle it gracefully, win or lose.

JC would definitely kick the **** out of most guys his age. but if this fight happens, he is going to be DESTROYED.

please take note of the word i emphasised in that last sentence.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe JCVD is currently busy voicing one of the characters in the new "Kung Fu Panda" sequel.

He plays "Master Croc", an expert in the art of fighting without fighting.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=17812

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 5:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    there is actually a JCVD reality TV series being aired on UK TV. i've had a neck injury lately (spazzy noob yanked the **** out of my head last monday) which has given me trouble sleeping, and this show has been one of the things i've been watching to pass the time at night.

as of the last episode he's still planning to fight. but he isn't training for it properly, still drinking and smoking and partying in between flying all over the world for work. he does just enough at the gym to look good for his roles (though he does look great for 50).

he's going to start training with an old instructor from decades ago who has trained quite a few full contact karate champions. obviously not what he needs to be training in if he wants to fight muay thai. and he still hasn't even started preparing yet.

he had a medical check up which included scans, and his knees and hips are pretty much fucked.

his bipolar disorder also becomes apparent. he breaks down crying in every episode and has pretty strong mood swings. he feels that if he loses this fight, his life will be over. completely the wrong attitude imo. what i'd like to see is JC handle it gracefully, win or lose.

JC would definitely kick the **** out of most guys his age. but if this fight happens, he is going to be DESTROYED.

please take note of the word i emphasised in that last sentence.
    I've only watched a couple of eps (though I have a bunch of them recorded on my HDR), one of which I was only half paying attention to.

Didn't he break down in tears because he felt that he'd been abandoned by God at one point?

As for the fight... well, JCVD is the master of saying that he's going to do something, then not doing it because he can't be bothered, or because he never got around to preparing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 5:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he shouldn't take the fight. not without spending a lot of time training.

he has broken down in tears because of he couldn't save the world, because he loves his dogs, because of his misbehaviour in the past, because he doesn't want to disappoint his fans, because he loves his family... not sure i remember anything specific about god though.

he gets invited to parties constantly, but if he wants to drink, he can't take his bipolar medication. so for that night he doesn't.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 7:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    he shouldn't take the fight. not without spending a lot of time training.

he has broken down in tears because of he couldn't save the world, because he loves his dogs, because of his misbehaviour in the past, because he doesn't want to disappoint his fans, because he loves his family... not sure i remember anything specific about god though.

he gets invited to parties constantly, but if he wants to drink, he can't take his bipolar medication. so for that night he doesn't.
    Oh yeah, I think he was upset that he'd asked God to save the world - but that God wouldn't answer his prayers. And he was furious with God.

Hard to tell if he's playing up for the cameras or not. If that was Seagal, I'd dismiss it as such.

Read an article last year about an action movie script JCVD had written for himself, apprently at the height of his mental illness that, after breaking down into incoherence and a 20 minute montage of random images involved a final scene with his character turning into an ovum and being fertilized by sperm. He was pitching it to loads of people and getting knocked back, IIRC. By the sound of it, I think that some of that made it into the upcoming Eagle Path movie...

Has the 'heart attack' been seen/mentioned yet?

:)

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    involved a final scene with his character turning into an ovum and being fertilized by sperm. He was pitching it to loads of people and getting knocked back, IIRC. By the sound of it, I think that some of that made it into the upcoming Eagle Path movie...
    ?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 8:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    ?

Have a read of this:
    http://www.thewrap.com/movies/ind-co...17422?page=0,0

There was another, more in-depth review I read a few months ago, but I can't seem to re-find it now...

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 8:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm...enn-story.html
    Appearing on U.K. TV show Jean-Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors, he recalls, "After the movie Timecop, I received a huge offer for a three-picture deal and it was 12 million dollars per picture. That's 36 million dollars. I was wasted. I said, 'I want 20 million like Jim Carrey' and they hung up on me. I was not myself. I was completely f**ked up and I made a bad mistake and I was on the blacklist in Hollywood for years."
    let's hope he doesn't do that, with his fight purse. I guess he's not wasted any more, just permafried.

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 8:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A military veteran and former mercenary named Frenchy (JCVD) is haunted by his childhood, as well as his past in the military. Now living in Eastern Asia, he is hiding, working as a taxi driver. He soon picks up a beautiful female passenger that will change him forever, with a dark look back into memories of his childhood past. He has become determined to better her life, and without her knowing, takes her on the most dangerous ride of her life.
    When do they morph into sperm, or something?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd guess that'd be symbolized by some boning in the back of the taxi cab.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast