Posted On:
    4/07/2010 2:03am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    The one thing that caught my eye was this:
    YouTube- Red Flag - Billy Talent
    Yeah, that does seem like a monopoly. I am sure their argument will be that they want to ensure that everyone has suitable pads and that by ordering with them you will get a good deal. Don't know what supplier they are using or what price they are charging so difficult to comment.

All things considered they seem an alright if not good club as far as TKD goes:
    -Reasonable class charges
    -More than just TKD on offer
    -TKD with sweeps and take downs
    -NO CONTRACTS
    There are certainly a lot worse out there. The only inconsistency is who teaches their enrichment programs for Jiujitsu or Hanmudo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 3:07am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    Yeah, that does seem like a monopoly. I am sure their argument will be that they want to ensure that everyone has suitable pads and that by ordering with them you will get a good deal. Don't know what supplier they are using or what price they are charging so difficult to comment.

All things considered they seem an alright if not good club as far as TKD goes:
    -Reasonable class charges
    -More than just TKD on offer
    -TKD with sweeps and take downs
    -NO CONTRACTS
    There are certainly a lot worse out there. The only inconsistency is who teaches their enrichment programs for Jiujitsu or Hanmudo.
    True, true.

BTW, at our JJ club, if we order equipment trough the club, we actually get them for less then if we'd buy/order them ourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 6:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    True, true.

BTW, at our JJ club, if we order equipment trough the club, we actually get them for less then if we'd buy/order them ourself.
    Same at my Muay Thai club and other clubs I have belonged to in the past. Supply Companies offer discounts to Instructors as they provide access to a group of students thus increasing customer base for suppliers.

I would suggest this thread is done with as little to really investigate. They are not claiming th3 D34dly or to be the ultimate in martial arts.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 8:14am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

At least she is easy on the eyes.

They look like a former ITA club. More than likely they had a falling out with the ITA and just started their own stuff. The uniforms are telling me this. The original ITF schools don't use the same striping on the collars and WTF uses the pullover.

I will say about the ITA as a former certified instructor with them that they do have a good system in place for children and recreational MAist. They seriously lack anything for the fighter or athlete.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 8:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Express664"

Exactly what relationship do you have with the group you highlight in the OP ?

Why have you decided to create ANOTHER thread in this particular forum without reading the stickies?

If you feel the group in question is acting inappropriately why don't you contact them, discuss your concerns with them and see what happens from there.

If you create another pretty pointless thread in this forum I suggest you'll be confined to the Mad Cow Quarantine until you learn a little more internet-fu

Understand ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 8:50am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ..//.. HOWEVER all this DOES NOT PROVE they are false advertising as they could be hiring outside instructors to run these programs or they might have further qualifications or other instructors who are qualified in those arts.
    Agreed, and this group isn't investigation worthy.

Off to YMAS this goes.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 1:38am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same at my Muay Thai club and other clubs I have belonged to in the past. Supply Companies offer discounts to Instructors as they provide access to a group of students thus increasing customer base for suppliers.
    Huh. I always thought it had something to do with mob connections.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 8:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So some instructors would have us beleive or perhaps they are ninjas and use Yakuza or ex seals who use the military or so I like to think

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 8:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    "Express664"

Exactly what relationship do you have with the group you highlight in the OP ?

Why have you decided to create ANOTHER thread in this particular forum without reading the stickies?

If you feel the group in question is acting inappropriately why don't you contact them, discuss your concerns with them and see what happens from there.

If you create another pretty pointless thread in this forum I suggest you'll be confined to the Mad Cow Quarantine until you learn a little more internet-fu

Understand ?
    I dont have any relationship with the group. i started the thread because the club was being discussed on another martial arts forum. some of the people on the other site thought that club was wrong to use "MMA" and "mixed martial arts" in their advertisments. The man from the club who made the website ended up agreeing that it was misleading and said he would remove it from the website but it does still say "mixed martial arts" on the website:icon_rr::5geezer:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...=57789&page=12

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 11:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you made contact with the group (as I suggested before) and asked them to remove the offending words?

~Ella Wheeler
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast