Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 7:50pm

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

As an 'MMA meathead' how do you view yourself?

I can't pretend to be an experienced fighter, but almost every poster defending allegations made against their school, as well as every media report about MMA seems to show the sport in a less than favourable light.
    God forbid people engaging in a combat sport should actually FIGHT. Of course there's nothing wrong with Olympic TKD or boxing.

I mean, if the MMA community as a whole is what it's shown to be on TV than it's amazing we still exist.

This has all been said before, but what I want to know, is how we view ourselves.

I'll start. I am starting BJJ, Judo and Wrestling soon, so obviously I can't harbor a desire to be a beastly quick scoper on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Of course I am not allowed to read any books longer than 240 pages, on topics like politics or social commentary.

I can't know words like droll, or type in civilized English, even though when a respectful and humble dojo owner ventures to this forum to defend himself, he is allowed to call racist, sexist insults without paragraphs, periods or anything resembling literacy.

So go ahead, let's share the things we aren't supposed to enjoy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Civilised company, films that aren't directed by Michael Bay, food other than meat. All of us MMA fans just blunder about the place and break things when we don't get what we want, or are addressed with words that have more than two syllables.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Michael Bay. Ugh. I just don't get the attraction of CGI explosions.

If people can even make a good war movie without gratuitous special effects (Jarhead, anyone?) than how can he get away with it?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't see myself because my heat composed of meat is lacking eyes.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:26pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay FAG, as i look down myz armz of tribal tattoos and pink azz mohawk wiff iron crozzez shaved in teh sides i almost feel like yer makin fun of me so STFU you goddam loser you arent a real mma fighter so STFU and iz only listen to punk and gangsta an wear tapout everything cuz im a real mma fighter and blah blah blah protein anderson silva STFU ULTIMATE FIGHTER NOOB blah blah blah

^^ I enjoy not sounding like that. That's my guilty pleasure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:30pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's wrong with micheal bay? Also, reading and understanding books like Art of War

EDIT: also, correct usage and application of the words "cogent argument"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:32pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay FAG, as i look down myz armz of tribal tattoos and pink azz mohawk wiff iron crozzez shaved in teh sides i almost feel like yer makin fun of me so STFU you goddam loser you arent a real mma fighter so STFU and iz only listen to punk and gangsta an wear tapout everything cuz im a real mma fighter and blah blah blah protein anderson silva STFU ULTIMATE FIGHTER NOOB blah blah blah
    Here think yer fuckin hard do ye? I'll stove yer head in then bang yer ma ye fuckin mong

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:37pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I wear Tapout at McDonalds I know people are too scared of me to start a fight so I order 2 big macs, a cheeseburger, fries and 10 chicken nuggets to up my protein intake just to make sure everyone knows not to **** with me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:45pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratebadger View Post
    Here think yer fuckin hard do ye? I'll stove yer head in then bang yer ma ye fuckin mong

^^The old picture wouldn't work. Hopefully this one does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    When I wear Tapout at McDonalds I know people are too scared of me to start a fight so I order 2 big macs, a cheeseburger, fries and 10 chicken nuggets to up my protein intake just to make sure everyone knows not to **** with me.
    Sometimes I go to Watahburger. And if they don't get me my fucking cheeseburger on time than I'll **** some loser up. Oh wait.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast