Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 4:14am

Style: Boxing, Rowing Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    If I am a troll (I'm not) at least I'm more eloquent, reasonable and accurate than most.
    Hm really though, my ninjakungjutsu teaches me how to battle on the edge of an aids volcano. You sportists all think yoor the **** ha ha chess is a sport too lolololol sambo and GayJJ are like chess.

IMO y00 can't use chess on the slopes of an aids volcano the pieces get wet but you CAN use the ancient techniques of ninjakungjutsu descended from the m1ghty w4rlord Nobugaganaga!!!111!!one

Stu xD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 4:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But really, some techniques really aren't the kind you'd want to practise in the gym. You'd get kicked out of any reputable gym for kicking the groin or poking eyes.
    So you can't really practise them.

You can't practice them at full speed and power,no. In some cases, compliant drills become a necessary evil. That's not a bad thing as long as the pantomine is a small part of the overall training and the majority of the student's time is spent on varying degrees of live activity.

this makes these techniques impossible to train properly, and therefore, impossible to apply correctly.

While theory doesn't automatically translate into practice, it also shouldn't be discounted entirely. Example: Most cops and soldiers get through their entire career without shooting anyone but all cops and soldiers are presumed capable of shooting somebody and issued weapons despite not blasting opponents in boot camp or the academy. Although with the advent of simmunitions, more live-ish training is becoming possible.

how do you justify the crippling of a drunken attacker. Most countries have extremely harsh self defense laws, and while it may not be strictly illegal, it could be hard to make a case for causing lifetime damage to your assailant. (I'm not a lawyer, but it makes sense that they would ask you if you used the minimum force possible)

You answered your own question with that last sentence. Minimum force possible. Martial arts training should encompass a continuum of force options from mild to lethal, with the majority at the low to mid range of the scale.

But let's say you are a sociopathic vigilante who longs to feel the power of destroying any poor bastard who looks at you funny.

Then you're a bad person who will likely find excuses to hurt people with or without training. There are no actual schools for serial killers and rapists(prisons by default,perhaps), but those people continue to exist, even flourish.

Any Judo throw is going to be a likely KO, and a MT punch without gloves would hurt. Same for a BJJ submission, if your opponent does not tap, he can be in a world of hurt for almost as long as the BJJ player wants.

Refer back to my "continuum" and "minimum force" points. A trained fighter should ,hopefully, have both the technique and temperment to adjust his/her response to the situation at hand based on whatever factors are at play at that moment. Also, an attacker who refuses to "tap" in response to low-injury defenses could be seen as prolonging, even escalating, the situation which could make high-injury defenses justifiable.

And where the hell do you LARPers get off saying your pretentious and BS arts are so deadly anyway. I'm more scared of a 200lb MMA fighter than a fat, wannabe ninja anyway.

The mind of the LARPer is a frustrating and often impenetrable veil of stupid. Smile, nod, and move on lest ye sacrifice your own sanity on the altar of their delusions.

Saying your an ex SEAL or whatever doesn't work either. If your arts were so deadly, the army or whatever might actually use them. Instead they usually take the nations combat SPORT such as MCMAP (BJJ and MT, basically), Thailand's MT based Lerdrit and China's San Da. Why don't you just use these arts and retain a semblance of respect in the community you LARPing ****.

In addition to being dumb, most LARPers are lazy. The styles you just rattled off are all known to be effective, but they are also known to require a lot of work. On the other hand playing tag and performing mime routines in style-specific-colored pajamas doesn't require any stress to be put on one's body, mind, or self-esteem.

Of course I do not recommend fighting at all, I would prefer we all learned Parkour and sprinting

Complex Parkour techniques will fail under stress for the same reasons that complex combat techniques do. Rational thought (mental skills) and fine motor performance (physical skills) can become greatly impaired "under fire". Adrenaline is not always your friend, so don't try to Spiderman your way out of trouble (Can "Spiderman" actually be used as a verb?). Get good at running on the ground, including how to zig-zag and find cover if you see or hear a gun. Leave leaping tall buildings in a single bound to your namesake.
    Last edited by dougguod; 4/05/2010 4:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 4:37am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My self defense curriculum starts with trying to pull the opponent's pants off and shouting "IMMA PUT MAH DICK IN YOUUUUUU"

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 4:41am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalusername View Post
    My self defense curriculum starts with trying to pull the opponent's pants off and shouting "IMMA PUT MAH DICK IN YOUUUUUU"
    Do you do private classes?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 5:11am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Just remember to bring... protective equipment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 5:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another fellow Bullshidoer!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 5:49am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @dougguod
    Thanks for the logical response, if only all who practised such LARP happy arts were like you. I expected a bit of a lulzfest, never did I imagine I could have a reasoned discussion about such a 'heated' topic on Bullshido of all places.

But I will add.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    Most cops and soldiers get through their entire career without shooting anyone but all cops and soldiers are presumed capable of shooting somebody and issued weapons despite not blasting opponents in boot camp or the academy.
    YOU MEAN JUST BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO EVER HAVE TO ACTUALLY SHOOT ANYONE I CAN JOIN THE ARMY AND THEN LEAVE AND SCORE HOT CHICKS IN BARS EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER BEEN IN COMBAT.

Sweet.
    Last edited by RealManOfSteel; 4/05/2010 5:50am at . Reason: Typo. Typing like a LARPing troll is suprisingly hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 6:00am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh douguod, at the risk of derailing the thread, Parkour's complex techniques are over hyped by Assassins Creed 2 (Great game, finish it or die unfulfilled). It's 90% running, and 8% acquiring awesome cardio and strength, and 2% looking awesome for montages.

Think of it as an interesting way to stay fit with some practical applications to save your life.

You don't spend much time above ground level, and learning how to climb or vault a wall can be useful. But that's all for another thread.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 11:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    He answered that ad posted on here about a person seeking a black belt for private lessons in Chicago. Gimp suit was required. Ball-gag optional.

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 12:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not like one has to train for years to master a stiff kick to the nuts.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast