Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:51am

Style: koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't bet on it :D Even if you have 20 years experience in numerous fighting styles, their response will be, "That's great, now get with the program". Also remember, they consider how to teach thousands of soldiers, not 20 or even 100. Their programs have to be extremely simple by nature, in order for them to train thousands. Think about it, how many hours does the military devote to H2H during boot camp? And how many hours would you think the average person needs to train in any combat style, in order to be proficient? Not even close, are they? Just make sure you thoroughly research how much H2H you'll be doing, before you sign the papers.

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 5:20pm

Style: Bad Parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good point

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 3:51pm

Style: TKD & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going to be a the Korean Military and there Martial Art is Tae Kwon Do and my point is that I hear a lot of TKD bashing on other Martial Arts Forums also, I would just like to state that in Korea Tae Kwon Do is very famous and yes effective over there also and majority of the Korean Army has been trained under Tae Kwon Do and one of the most best Instructors would be the A.I.M.A.A. Tae Kwon Do Grandmaster, Grandmaster Hee Il Cho which I am in that TKD organization so therefore I wouldn't call any Martial Art weak or it would suck because I respect all Martial Arts and all Martial Arts has it's Strenghts and weaknesses,Advantages and Disadvantages.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Matthius100
    I will join if there's a HTH fighter position availible. and it pays well. I mean, even cops and firefighters box.
    I don't know what military you are planning on joining, but as far as the US Army goes, you'll be disappointed if you join thinking you are going to find a "HTH fighter position." Sorry, but the armies of the world use guns these days, so you aren't going to find a job with us...

As for being a HTH trainer, well Private, one day you'll be a noncommissioned officer, and one day you'll be a high enough ranking noncommissioned officer that may be charged with conducting training for more than your immediate office/squad/section. That ought to take no more than 10 - 12 years...

Lastly, you'll be paid what everyone else in the same pay grade is paid... You don't get paid "extra" for being able to fight empty handed.

You need to talk to active duty people, veterans, but certainly not whoever is filling your head with these fantasies...

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok Guy, tell me right now, what on your body this very moment is faster, your hand, or your foot? Eh? EH? that's what I thought. Grabs, chokes, sweeps, throws, holds, pins, struggles, games, partner drills, everyday work, these can all be done with your hands. To train only in foot techniques, and only hand techniques that chop, poke, prod, spear hand W/O CONDITIONING THESE PARTS OF THE HAND is stupid. How many of the above things can be done with just the feet EFFECTIVELY? They don't condition the body in Tae Kwon Do in any way besides stretching it, and there are too many mcdojos to tell the difference between where the art ends and begins. It's become crap. The original art is dead. End it now. I'm tired of hearing, and talking about it, stop it before I blow my head apart.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why is Matthius making my head hurt.

Matt,

Am I supposed to be getting paid extra for this stuff? DAMNIT Time to go kick finance's ass!!!:D
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 1:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Asia
    why is Matthius making my head hurt.

Matt,

Am I supposed to be getting paid extra for this stuff? DAMNIT Time to go kick finance's ass!!!:D
    Amen Brother!!! I'm sick of being behind this desk... Where do I send the 4187 to request the "hand to hand fighter" MOS qual school? Is that a primary MOS or just an ASI???

And we're supposed to get additional pay for this shite? NO WAY!!! I'm going to Finance TODAY.

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    boxers can bring the military uber mc-mooney dude, why not? Uncle Sam wants you!

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Matthius100
    boxers can bring the military uber mc-mooney dude, why not? Uncle Sam wants you!
    What, precisely, are you on about?

Nobody is making the military any money that would come even remotely close to making what could even be construed as a dent in the congressional appropriations that constitute the annual military budget. Especially not some grunt that boxes competing in local Golden Gloves tournaments... And I thought that things like the World Games (or whatever they're called) were amateur-type events (i.e. non-prize oriented)...

Bottom line, fighters (be they prize, sport or martial arts focused) are not in big demand by the military... It takes years to prepare someone to be competent in an empty handed situation, regardless of the style or training a person pursues... I can teach a private to shoot expert in a matter of days... It just doesn't fit the bill.

Nice day dream, though.

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, but lets review, if you are currently in high school, how many price cuts have happened just this year?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast