230664 Bullies, 4189 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

INVESTIGATION: Richard Gilliland, Karate Instructor, Fake SEAL, Fake Judo Black Belt

The late Richard Gilliland was a North Carolina karate instructor who claimed to have been a Navy SEAL in Vietnam. He also claimed several black belts, including one in judo.

For the truth behind these claims, read the article.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/04/2010 8:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one is interesting to me. It's in my area and i knew of the guy. I also know he claimed to be a former SEAL. Just out of curiosity - what prompted this investigation? Not saying it wasn't warranted. I just don't usually see Bullshido investigations on dead people. I'm curious as to how this one came about.

Posted On:
    4/04/2010 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    This one is interesting to me. It's in my area and i knew of the guy. I also know he claimed to be a former SEAL. Just out of curiosity - what prompted this investigation?
    Somebody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Not saying it wasn't warranted. I just don't usually see Bullshido investigations on dead people.
    http://www.bullshido.org/Leslie_McLean

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/04/2010 10:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, well definitely interesting. It's a shame, too. The guy kept this story up for a LONG time and a lot of people really believed in him.

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 5:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dead Men can tell no tales

Why after his death does he get called out? I think I knew him pretty well and yep some claims were out there, but his students really loved him and he kept a thriving business until he died.
    Oh well, for the "investigator" just remember what goes around comes around. Please if you are so pure then cast your stone.

Thanks,
    Rick Gilliland

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 5:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickgilliland View Post
    Why after his death does he get called out? I think I knew him pretty well and yep some claims were out there, but his students really loved him and he kept a thriving business until he died.
    Oh well, for the "investigator" just remember what goes around comes around. Please if you are so pure then cast your stone.

Thanks,
    Rick Gilliland
    according to a quick and dirty Google search on the IP which came up, someone with the exact same IP signed a Gene Knaub guestbook under the name of Tylor Knaub:

i wanted to congratulate my uncle gene on a great victory a ssp and his championship at linclon...And good job to aunt kendra too. so wish you the best of luck
    YOUS NUMBER ONE FAN TYLER KNAUB
    So who are you, Rick Gilliland or Tyler Knaub?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 5:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickgilliland View Post
    Why after his death does he get called out?
    He isn't being called out.

Posted On:
    5/22/2011 5:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing an investigation on him is just a load of crap. Mr.G was an amazing man. And regardless of what this article says I will NEVER question him. If somebody wants to take it upon themselves to lead an investigation, that is up to them. But please do not trash the name of the dead. Show the man a little respect. If you knew him, or had your life so amazingly affected by him (for the better), you would understand why this has me and a couple others fuming.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2011 7:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Doing an investigation on him is just a load of crap. Mr.G was an amazing man. And regardless of what this article says I will NEVER question him. If somebody wants to take it upon themselves to lead an investigation, that is up to them. But please do not trash the name of the dead. Show the man a little respect. If you knew him, or had your life so amazingly affected by him (for the better), you would understand why this has me and a couple others fuming.
    Fume all you want, by bumping this thread, more people will read the post and the article thanks to you.

The last post was August of 2010.

Posted On:
    5/22/2011 7:52pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Hi Katie:

If you want to act like a cult member, and NEVER question, thats your personal decision. We have proof he falsely claimed to be a SEAL and a Vietnam Vet. In my opinion if a person makes false military claims that renders them lower then whale *%$#. His claim to hold a black belt rank in Judo isn't holding up well either. If you want to do something positive for your deceased master please scan a copy of his Judo Dan Certificate(s) and post them here.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast