is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 11:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Who can stop Silva from fighting the way he does?
    Based on today's fight, someone who refuses to be goaded into a fight-ending mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 12:18am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Lets say Dana does fires his ass....where would Silva go ? Strikefarce ? His fights there would be just as lackluster. Champ or not if no one wants to pay to see you fight you're out of a job. That's showbiz.
    If that's the only way we'll see Mousasi vs. Silva, I'm all for it. A rematch with Hendo wouldn't be bad either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 12:24am

Style: Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    I honestly never want to see another Anderson Silva fight again!!! What a waste of my time! I may as well have been watching ball room dancing.
    I agree.

I have decided to cut back on the PPVs that I get.

I was very excited about this card as I always am when Silva fights. I have been disappointed lately with his fights.

The sad thing is that I believe he is the greatest ever, but know that he will not be recognized as such.

I do not say that Silva is the best pound for pound fighter, I say he is the best. He can beat anyone right now, including Fedor. The problem is that with performances like this, no one will care about his super fights.

I think most will want to see Silva vs GSP so that they can see GSP beat him.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I give Silva's performance a 2. At least Maia showed some heart.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 4:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see why there is so much hate for Silva. This is just a repeat of some of his past performances. He very clearly wins a match without taking damage or having to do much of anything. Apparently, easily winning a fight without any effort isn't enough; people want to see Silva destroy everybody he ever faces just because hes a better fighter. He can't always give us a good show, deal with it.

Also, the whole showboating thing doesn't bother me one bit, because he doesn't mean any of it in disrespect. Look at the amount of respect that he shows for his opponents before and after his matches. Quit taking that **** personally.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 5:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not much hate from my side, but I really don't see where the hype for him is coming from - he did decent fights against other opponents, but to be the "best fighter in the world", that is way not enough.

The most memorable scene of his career (to me, at least) is when he got caught in that scissor by the much smaller Japanese man.

What I find endlessly tiresome about Silva is that he doesn't show any heart, maybe, because he is spoon-fed weaker enemies.

Heck, Mark Coleman, Wanderlei Silva, Randy Couture, Renzo Gracie, all those rusty old teapots, when they enter the ring, you get that notion that they are there to fuckin' die, and not just to "fulfill a contract".

When at my gym someone is tiring during a sparring round, we shout "do the Wandy", or "LIVER SHOT! LIVER SHOT", in reference to Bas. I don't recall anyone ever having said "do the Anderson Silva".

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 5:58am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

When at my gym someone is tiring during a sparring round, we shout "do the Wandy", or "LIVER SHOT! LIVER SHOT", in reference to Bas. I don't recall anyone ever having said "do the Anderson Silva".
    Or in the case of Penn vs Edgar, "DO THE MACHIDA!"

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 7:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did we see Silva use the clench? No. Have we in the past? Yes, he used it decisively against Rich Franklin. Did we see him do any takedowns? No. But he usually doesn't. Does he have great head movement? Yes. Is he quick? Yes. Does he close the distance? Not really.

He has changed his style. Now he sits on the outside, he peppers in shots that don't have commitment behind them. And he spends huge amounts of time avoiding takedowns and strikes. Basically running.

He was better a couple of years ago when he didn't care about loosing the belt.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Did we see Silva use the clench? No. Have we in the past? Yes, he used it decisively against Rich Franklin. Did we see him do any takedowns? No. But he usually doesn't. Does he have great head movement? Yes. Is he quick? Yes. Does he close the distance? Not really.

He has changed his style. Now he sits on the outside, he peppers in shots that don't have commitment behind them. And he spends huge amounts of time avoiding takedowns and strikes. Basically running.

He was better a couple of years ago when he didn't care about loosing the belt.
    That's what my comment meant. We've seen it in pro boxing. Guys more worried about the undefeated record or maintaining belts. It isn't like you couldn't see it coming. His fights have slowly become avoidance fests. In this one it looked really bad as opposed to, some of the others where people are making gif comparing him to Ali.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:11am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it seemed to me like Silva is trying to prove some kind of point to Dana White. Maybe Silva is unhappy with the quality of his recent opponents, lets face it maia is a great BJJ practitioner but his striking ability is very average.

Obviously Silva didnt want to risk being taken down but it was no excuse for him to spend most of the fight jogging around the ring, when he was already winning all exchanges and was picking off maia easily. he could have finished the fight but chose not to he was just being a prick.

hopefully he will drop down to 170 fight GSP and get owned.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 9:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who gives a **** really? He doesn't need an excuse we need them. The best way to hurt him is not to pay for his fights. Problem is, thanks to Tyson, most fighting venues hold more than one bout. Dana, as wrong as I feel he is, has the right idea. Take away the main event money and make him a lower tier fighter on the card.
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast