Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 5:45pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    Anderson Silva gets my vote for Douche Bag of the month
    Naw, he was more of a cat who didn't expect the mouse to bite back at him.

interesting facts:

He spoke english in an interview for the first time after this.(Sonen had something to say about that)

He said Maia dissed him, which is ironic... I guess!?

I think NOW after the kapoera and the Machida impersinations mid fight people might realize that showboating is exacly what they said Evans did and shouldn't and what A.Silva does ALL THE TIME!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 6:23pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I was never a fan of Silva's showboating. However, I am now a bigger fan of Maia than before. Also, I'm a bigger fan of Sonnen now especially after he made this comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen
    There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fake Macoy View Post
    Personally, I was never a fan of Silva's showboating. However, I am now a bigger fan of Maia than before. Also, I'm a bigger fan of Sonnen now especially after he made this comment:
    I hadnt seen that! Awesome, hilarious quote!! Sonnen is teh tough and after his seminar on Nate I am certainly a fan. Still dont think he could pull off the Silva but obviously you guys arent impressed with this fight so that makes like four in a row that were ****!

One was Forrests' fault of course, and I dont want to complain about not getting what I want out of a fight cuz Coach Josh would be right to kick my ass for taking for granted what these guys do and deal with. But I dont want Silva to dance meekly either.

I gotta agree that showboating is weak. I have always been a fan- of his abilities. The showboating doesnt rub me right.

However, if anyone should be allowed to showboat, or taunt, or otherwise exude some form of assclownery, it better be the champ or close to it.

Still, even Silva shouldnt be showbtg as he apparently didnt follow the showoff with devastation.

I will shutup until I see it tonight but I'm already wondering "what were the champs thinking".

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 9:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    Do we need spoilers, anyway? - I just wonder if Anderson's display was arrogance, or indeed disability? I mean, why would he want to punish Maia this way? All this fight really did for him was to kill his market value. Even the Kalib Starnes fight was more entertaining to watch.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should maybe add that it seems to be this stupid ex-shooto romo story;
    Maia trains with Wanderlei and Shogun, so Anderson seems to think this is an extension of their earlier feud.

Pretty faggotish, actually.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 10:12pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    I hadnt seen that! Awesome, hilarious quote!! Sonnen is teh tough and after his seminar on Nate I am certainly a fan. Still dont think he could pull off the Silva but obviously you guys arent impressed with this fight so that makes like four in a row that were ****!

One was Forrests' fault of course, and I dont want to complain about not getting what I want out of a fight cuz Coach Josh would be right to kick my ass for taking for granted what these guys do and deal with. But I dont want Silva to dance meekly either.

I gotta agree that showboating is weak. I have always been a fan- of his abilities. The showboating doesnt rub me right.

However, if anyone should be allowed to showboat, or taunt, or otherwise exude some form of assclownery, it better be the champ or close to it.

Still, even Silva shouldnt be showbtg as he apparently didnt follow the showoff with devastation.

I will shutup until I see it tonight but I'm already wondering "what were the champs thinking".
    He won me over with this one:
    "He won't be in my guard. I'm a Republican. I don't lay (sic) on my back with a man between my legs." -Chael Sonnen

In the BJ fight, I almost had a flashback about Andy Wang.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly never want to see another Anderson Silva fight again!!! What a waste of my time! I may as well have been watching ball room dancing.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who can stop Silva from fighting the way he does? Dana White needs him more than Silva needs Dana White.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 11:22pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Who can stop Silva from fighting the way he does? Dana White needs him more than Silva needs Dana White.
    How do you figure? I thought dana was the one with vastly more money and tons of other middleweight fighters. Silva doesnt have a lot as far as mainstream popularity if he leaves ufc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post

Lets say Dana does fires his ass....where would Silva go ? Strikefarce ? His fights there would be just as lackluster. Champ or not if no one wants to pay to see you fight you're out of a job. That's showbiz.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast