is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 11:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidi View Post
    So, what's next for Anderson? maybe this needs to be more like an action-underground-fights-movie, where Dana kidnaps Anderson's wife and kids, as a bargaining chip to guarantee Anderson will engage.
    My thought is that we need either Machida or Silva to **** the other's wife so those two will actually fight (and mean it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2010 12:23am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    My thought is that we need either Machida or Silva to **** the other's wife so those two will actually fight (and mean it).
    Please, PLEASE make this happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2010 12:35am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Sounds good!
    Does anyone have Ed Soares' mail so he can set this up?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anderson explains himself in an interview. It's in Portugese, so I've posted Google's translation below.

http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/mat...-916366227.asp

RIO - With the same skill that eludes rivals strokes without lifting the guard, the biggest winner in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) faces a barrage of criticism after the fight that kept the middleweight belt, 10 days ago in Abu Dhabi. The easy victory over Demian Maia Sao Paulo was marked by provocations, which left the spotlight champion Anderson Silva, 34, nicknamed Spider (Spider).

After all, what got into you to fight like that, against Demian in Abu Dhabi?
    ANDERSON SILVA: Dude, I reflect forever. I think to improve, both inside and outside the ring. For those who watched the fight from outside, from another angle, may have seen something completely different. When you think how the world's best, although I think that I am not, people change all that think an attitude that you take a second. They begin to think that you are not humble. I learned a lot from this fight, more than any other. I think it was true what happened. I won, I kept the belt and that fight is already past. Anyway, I know they'll continue to say many things.

But you do not think past the point in bullying?
    ANDERSON: You spill into the octagon there any tension that lived during the months preceding the fight. Is no excuse, you drop everything right there. And the way I found to do this is that generated all the controversy. I did things I had never seen me do. And there certainly have said: "This guy is crazy. He's a dirty trick." There, at the time, was an exhaust pipe putting three or four months earnings.

Then Demian must have said something that upset you too ...
    ANDERSON: It reached the top, I became a champion should be a humble guy. But really, there was too much chatter. He said he respected me as a fighter, but as a person questioned my actions, my character. Said that spider has eight legs and would pull at least one of them in the ring. Obviously this is something to promote the fight. Until I've had fights where the talk was higher, but this I needed to put everything out yourself.

Anderson Silva lost control of the Spider? Today repents of what he did?
    ANDERSON: I do not say that I lost control. Heart, it would again. Or better, do differently. I tried to show people, and especially for Demian, I'm not there to silly. I did not get there by chance. I'ma four-time world champion. I have the capacity, conditions, know who I am. There are many people that speaks of struggle and not know what to say. Did not want to disrespect Demian, just put him in my game, my strategy and tried to get him frustrated. Respect all fighters.

I caught more than beat. He was skinny and abused
    But in addition to dances, I could see during the broadcast you call him a "playboy" ...
    ANDERSON: There was a moment just staring to stop fighting and said things like, "You did not say that spider has eight legs and was going to start one? Hurry up, get up, playboy." I called Demian playboy, yes. Mike Tyson was also provocative and always has been criticized. Every great athlete will be criticized. It is well with Ronaldinho, Romario, Bebeto a, Adriano, Julio Cesar ... If all this had passed and I lost the fight, it would be worse. Maybe even lose their jobs. But I came home with belt, without a pinch, a scratch, nothing. Spider did what he always does: I went there, fought and won.

By the way, hence the nickname Spider?
    ANDERSON: This thing came in Spider Pride (MMA competition in Japan). The cool thing is that history always been a big fan of Spider-Man. Gee, is the only super hero who has regard to pay, right? Batman, in fact, is a wealthy playboy, Superman pretends to work, but coming from space. Meanwhile, Spider-Man is always grating, delivering pizza, with rent due .... It's more expensive to us. I love comics. I have over 60 classic editions. And really like the duels. X Hulk Iron Man, Spider-Man x Batman, Wolverine ... And do not let my four children are close by.

How was your childhood and where he came from the taste for martial arts?
    ANDERSON: I was raised by my aunt and uncle, Edith and Benedict, his Bing, since I was 4 years old. I was born in Sao Paulo, but soon went to Curitiba. My parents were very young and were not together anymore. Then my aunt bought my row and took me to Curitiba. I've always been nutty, electrical. That was how I started training martial arts at age eight. Only then I began to relax. I was terrible, a restless child.

Batia or beaten in the street?
    ANDERSON: I picked up more than beat. He was skinny and abused. I thrust my stay in the middle of boys older than me, wanted to play ball.

I stayed 23 days without sex before a fight. In bone. And I won
    Fighter playing naked angry very often ...
    ANDERSON: Oh man, my biggest frustration was not having a football player. And without forcibly put, and I even cheated. In the middle of the fight, nobody really play anything. But I was not ugly, no.

It was a gunner or stunt driving Brucutu?
    ANDERSON: I had my cousin and my younger brother Cleber, Toco, as references. And both played goalie. So, I liked to go for goal. I even did a test goalkeeper in the kindergarten Pines, which today is the Paraná Clube. I failed. It was not to be even. At that time I already gave my kicks and I got to fight it.

had family support to follow the career of a fighter?
    ANDERSON: Not very fond of fighting, because everyone was in the military. My uncle was a policeman. They wanted to follow their path. But what my uncle did not like was that rubbish in the street. Then the creature took it. Although he never hit me. I was earning in his eyes. He looked at me and I knew the thing was ugly for me. With my aunt, the singing even slippers!

Buffalo with the look has a lot to do with fighting. ..
    ANDERSON: Oh, has it. Intimidating really. Scene seems set for an outsider, but the look is key. Do not miss it: every time you hit the eye in the face, already sees what lies ahead. You feel the parade, you realize you will not be easy.

I hit fear when facing an opponent?
    ANDERSON: Fear not, but respect. When you have fear, you end up doing things they should not do. When you have respect, will more carefully. So I face a lot. When I won my first world title in Shooto, over Hayato Sakurai (Japanese, 2001), rolled something. When I hit the eye on it, I thought, "Wow, it'll be a war." Gave no other. With Carlos Newton (Canadian, 2003) was the same thing. And the reverse has happened, to see the eye that the guy was not well.

And this thing that wrestler has to make abstinence weeks before the fight, it is truth or legend?
    ANDERSON: Boy, is not a legend, no. Energy is energy, should hold, because in the ring you may need. I stayed 23 days without sex before a fight. Bone. And won. Now, were about two weeks before moving to Abu Dhabi in the 0 to 0. Part. After the fight, the cat finds you and gets everything right.

Although still associate violence with MMA, fighters like you tip, the Nogueira brothers and Lyoto Machida does not usually get involved in trouble at night, like football players. Resist the temptations of fame?
    ANDERSON: What we have to different from other athletes, like football players, one thing is the philosophy of martial art, discipline, mutual respect between student and teacher. It also has that thing where you have to sleep early, to feed to support the training. Why is this: after entering the octagon, is the only fighter against his opponent. There's nobody to run by you, to touch the ball to the side. If it was at night and not well prepared, take it. Nights, women, people wanting to cause trouble to appear, always will have. But we have to set a good example.

Why Brazil, like football, is a hotbed of MMA, but the window and money are abroad? It's just lack of support or there is prejudice?
    ANDERSON: That image of violence, thank God, is changing. People had a different image of us. Outside, we are seen as idols of the sport and as advertising vehicles. Any brand or join a champion. So everybody goes there to live or to compete. In Brazil, I got tired of taking my resume and say that was not the profile. I'm not sponsoring company here today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 9:02pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That translation is too much of an abomination for me to read through. Thanks for trying though.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    couldnt be fucked and i dont see how WHY he did it matters anyway. he did what he did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 9:42pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The off chance he could justify it?

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 6:05am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no justification. If you outclass someone that badly, finish them.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 8:41am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 9:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More importantly, I found this GIF on another site :P

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22 LastLast