Sponsored Links Spacer Image

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 7:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It just strikes me that edgar really has nothing to offer. he has no power, no outstanding jits, he just has takedowns and speed.. he's a decision artist
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 9:46am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    he just has takedowns and speed.. he's a decision artist
    The same can be said about almost the whole UFC LW division except Kenny Florian and BJ. Its the most overrated weight class in MMA history.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    This is stupid, absolutely stupid.

Sorry but what part of that fight even looked remotely like it was going to go the other way? What a stupid decision.
    While I have repeatedly defended the decision it absolutely was close. A lot of people gave the first two rounds and either the third or fourth to BJ. Pretty much every round was very close except for the 5th and an argument could be made either way.

The call was not unfounded and was not a robbery but it was a very close fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 10:29am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    The same can be said about almost the whole UFC LW division except Kenny Florian and BJ. Its the most overrated weight class in MMA history.
    There might not be as many finishes, but that can be partly due to smaller fighters with less knockout power. Personally I enjoy lightweight fights, guys like Sotiropolous(sp?), Diaz (WW now I guess), Guillard (Usually wins or loses in an entertaining fashion), Huerta was a decent finisher too until recently. Still surprised the UFC let him go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 10:41am

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does WEC's small weight classes have a lot more finishes? I think so, but I'm not sure. I know it's usually always exciting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbydeth View Post
    There might not be as many finishes, but that can be partly due to smaller fighters with less knockout power. Personally I enjoy lightweight fights, guys like Sotiropolous(sp?), Diaz (WW now I guess), Guillard (Usually wins or loses in an entertaining fashion), Huerta was a decent finisher too until recently. Still surprised the UFC let him go.
    Huerta wasn't "let go". He went himself because he wanted more fights a year than he was getting in the UFC. The Bellator championship is what tickles his fancy now.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lighter weight classes is not an excuse for less finishes. WEC fights are always outstanding and constantly have amazing finishers. Know why? Because WEC fighters are hungry and know they don't get the same press as the UFC guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 8:51am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random82 View Post
    Huerta wasn't "let go". He went himself because he wanted more fights a year than he was getting in the UFC. The Bellator championship is what tickles his fancy now.
    Ahhh I thought it was stupid to be let go. This makes more sense. More power to Huerta than.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 10:22am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched the event last night. I had 2 big exams this week, so I saved this as my reward.
    ****, that was such a fucked up bore.
    I've been lately getting my brother to watch the UFC with me, and after we saw this, he said: "luckily, this isn't the 1st event I saw, otherwise, I'd probably never see another one" - I felt ashamed, telling him how two champions, two P4P contenders were on the same card, and how they're gonna dismantle their opponents - ****, all I got was 2 fights worth AN HOUR OF BORING FIGHTS!

I had BJ winning that decision, but didn't mind Edgar taking the belt, simply because it looked like he was actually there to fight - sort of, unlike BJ.
    As for Anderson, I was speechless, I actually defended the guy after the Leites fight, thinking it was mostly Leites' fault for constantly pulling guard. But now, **** this ****.

So, what's next for Anderson? maybe this needs to be more like an action-underground-fights-movie, where Dana kidnaps Anderson's wife and kids, as a bargaining chip to guarantee Anderson will engage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 11:33pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Void the middleweight title because I know I don't really want to watch Silva fight at that weight anymore; save against a tip top Belfort. Have Sonnen fight Belfort to see who becomes the next champion. Make Silva fight at LHW or HW and that will hopefully put Silva in posistions where he will have to finish to win.