Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand what you're saying, I have this whole time, but perhaps you have to consider that Silva does not follow in your line of thinking. Sure, what you preach is obviously the most logical way to "superfights", and I'm sure Silva must know that. However, I also believe Silva, while perhaps being immature about this, is showing in his own way the same thing. He would rather taunt his opponent, drag the fight to round 5 and win by mere decision than put on a spectacle and make the UFC even more profitable. I'm not saying he could have ended the fight whenever he wanted too (but he probably could have).

Unless either one has a sufficient amount of data in regards to Silva's performance to judge his personality or one gets the answer from him directly, one will not know exactly why he performs the way he does against certain opponents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:02pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see Nick Diaz put a whoopin' on 'dat boy.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StukovCA View Post
    I understand what you're saying, I have this whole time, but perhaps you have to consider that Silva does not follow in your line of thinking.
    Of course he doesn't. If him and I switched bodies (and skillsets), I'd make arrangements with the Fertittas to raffle off a fifth of my purse amongst the spectators every time a round ends.

Quote Originally Posted by StukovCA View Post
    Sure, what you preach is obviously the most logical way to "superfights", and I'm sure Silva must know that. However, I also believe Silva, while perhaps being immature about this, is showing in his own way the same thing. He would rather taunt his opponent, drag the fight to round 5 and win by mere decision than put on a spectacle and make the UFC even more profitable.
    See, this is the absolute height of petulance, because spectacles don't just benefit the UFC. "Spectacles" (read: earnest fights) benefit the UFC, their business partners, the other fighters, the fans, and the sport as a whole.

His immaturity isn't just hurting him, it's making things worse for a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Prince didn't change his name because he was afraid he'd run out of talent.
    Head Kick Legend has a pretty interesting article on this very subject, and I was surprised that no one else has mentioned the Prince parallel. Apparently there's a pretty strong correlation.

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/4...nderson-silvas

It's pretty obvious that Silva isn't doing Dana any favors, but that doesn't mean he's not being rational. He just wants different things than we're assuming he wants. To me, it looks much more like he's TRYING to hurt Dana's business, probably to make a point about how he feels about his opponents.

Dana, Joe Silva, and Anderson all need to sit and talk about what Anderson wants, although this is might be more than Dana's ego/pride can handle. That said, there's only Vitor and Chael left at 185, and Anderson's on a 8-fight contract.

If Dana was really pissed, he'd try and get Silva to fight at HW and start him off with Cain, JDS, Carwin, and other top-tier guys. If he wins, I don't think there will be any way to do it EXCEPT in entertaining fashion. If he loses, well, Anderson gets taken down a few pegs and might become easier to work with.

As I recall, there's a former HW champion who could probably use a big name fight like that...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    I want to see Nick Diaz put a whoopin' on 'dat boy.
    the mutual clowning would be epic!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 2:57pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Spoon-fed weaker enemies? Who the **** are they going to find in the MW division that is NOT a huge underdog. Sonnen and Vitor are the two top contenders and I would be surprised if betting sites had either one of them below +400 against Silva.

Lets just hope Shogun beats Machida then we can get the dream matchup of Silva VS Shogun.
    This. WIth Shogun winning via scissor takedown to heel hook. **** yeah Seaking.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 3:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anderson Silva, unfortunately, isn't being rational. He's being Anderson Silva.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 3:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With GSP losing popularity for his recent lack of finishes, and Anderson Silva's public approval declining because he didn't knock a ************ out this one time, MMA fans are rapidly running out of nuts to ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    With GSP losing popularity for his recent lack of finishes, and Anderson Silva's public approval declining because he didn't knock a ************ out this one time, MMA fans are rapidly running out of nuts to ride.
    Just wait til Fedor loses this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 3:57pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    Just wait til Fedor loses this year...
    You shut your mouth!
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast