Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I bought Pokemon Soulsilver and it came with a pedometer.

Which is really awesome, because it actually motivates me to run farther and do more.

See the thing is, I absolutely hate running. Being plagued with injuries means I can't just circumvent it by biking or swimming (too cold to swim anyway). So I've forced myself to be running to try to shed some of this weight I've gained from the last few weeks of doing nothing.

I bought soulsilver and it came with a pedometer that I can carry one of my pokemon with. Every step you take gives it some experience points and you can even earn other pokemon and prizes too. It's actually a brilliant thing.

I wonder if there's any companies that make things like this? It's a great way to motivate people to run longer when you have a goal that interests you.

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 3:23am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A pedometer eh? So has it worked out how much of a pedo you are then?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 3:43am

Style: None ATM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll just leave this here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 3:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all seriousness though, at least you can run. I dislocated my knee last year, then I re-inured my knees in a car wreck. I wish I could run. I am growing man-tits.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 3:55am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nnate View Post
    In all seriousness though, at least you can run. I dislocated my knee last year, then I re-inured my knees in a car wreck. I wish I could run. I am growing man-tits.
    I hate running long distances. I was a sprinter in high school and never could run any faster than a 6:30 consistently in the mile run because it was just awful. I think the absolute fastest I ever did was like a 5:45 and I vomitted violently afterward.

Biking is like an easy way out of doing running. It's way less impact and I can explore much further. I can usually get in about 15-20 miles in the time I use to run 5-10 miles. I'm on a mountain bike too so I can explore places I can't take a road bike.

Part of the fun of running is exploring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I hate running long distances. I was a sprinter in high school and never could run any faster than a 6:30 consistently in the mile run because it was just awful. I think the absolute fastest I ever did was like a 5:45 and I vomitted violently afterward.
    I could never run that fast, but I used to have a gas tank that would never run out. The down side was I have a problem with insomnia if I don't burn enough energy.

Biking is like an easy way out of doing running. It's way less impact and I can explore much further. I can usually get in about 15-20 miles in the time I use to run 5-10 miles. I'm on a mountain bike too so I can explore places I can't take a road bike.

Part of the fun of running is exploring.
    Exploring like that almost got me killed when I was 20. I had the luck of stumbling onto someone's meth lab while roaming around the woods in the north end of the county. Unfortunately, the meth lab's owners were home.

Ever have the joy of a bunch of rednecks trying to run you down in a truck? Fun times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 5:32am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, who plays Pokemon anymore? It was all right up to silver & gold, I'd rather play those on emulator then spend my money on the new Shitbrown and Pukegreen games.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 6:19am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc I saw you in the Ddt fight. You didn't look fat at all. I think you would be better of if you gained some muscles instead of loosing weight. (putting it out there like a dickhead) I am just saying that your game would totally change if you gained some strength. You would definitely win a rematch with ddt too if you got stronger than him.. technically he was awful.

Besides you can avoid running. You hate to run. you said it yourself. You probably have developed the a knee specialized for fast running or jumping too. If so then you are not meant to be a long distance runner, which does not have to be a bad thing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 8:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ, MMA ex capoeir

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uglybugly, don't try to stop the guy from running, what could be the harm? It could only do anyone good if you don't do it to the point of injury anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 8:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your're right, a pedometer is a tool of motivation for martial artists. You can go down the street and beat up the people that are too pedo.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast