Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Crash course tournament prep

Hi Guys,

I decided to enter my first BJJ tournament in April. I'm training about 4x a week now (3x in classes, 1x in privates) and need to amp up my training outside of class. What exercise routines do you recommend I start doing to prepare? Right now I'm focusing on the following:

1) Cardio, cardio, cardio (mat time and cycling)
    2) Pull-ups
    3) Push-ups
    4) Abs

I do have access to a Bowflex, but not a fully equipped gym. How would you structure a program to prepare for BJJ competition with essentially seven weeks beforehand? What areas do you recommend I put the most emphasis on doing?

Thanks!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Achievements:
    VeteranYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 12:49am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stretch, increase your flexibility. Not only will you have greater range of motion, but your limbs will feel lighter since you'll have less resistance from your tendons and antagonist muscles. Also, look into doing the wrestler's bridge... a strong and flexible neck will always be a benefit.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    2/18/2004 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, you sound just like me, ohh, five weeks ago. HELLO FROM THE FUTURE. I BRING YOU FIRE AND TEAR YOUR PITIFUL MAN-FLESH ASUNDER WITH MY TERRIFIC METAL CLAWS.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon