Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 3:44pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ryanand - I used to love compound setting EZ curls with EZ slide curls. God that hurts.

It is sad but must be said, as time goes on, the number of annoying people at the gym will mutiply because gyms are changing the demographic that they cater to. At least the thoughtful gyms will place all the freeweights in a distant part of the gym so the two species of gym user won't be forced to mingle.

Today I saw Mr. Jealous Boyfriend type. This annoying gym persona is usually a guy that thinks he is in much better shape then he is (probably because he played football in high school blah blah blah) and brings his girlfriend to help him workout. He tries to act cool because he thinks he looks good and since he thinks his girl is hot, but then gets jealous if he even thinks you are looking at her. He also tends to shoot looks over when someone is lifting something heavier than he is.

No jackoff, I'm not checking out your girl. Instead I am wondering why you have to strain so much with shitty form to lift such light weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 4:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The wrist strap guy, closely related to the belt dude.

Somewhy believes wrist straps are the way to go when doing any exercise involving a bar to be gripped. Finds new, creative ways of using his contraptions every session. Subsequently gets 0 grip strength and tries to correct this flaw by doing wonky isolated forearm exercises such as wrist curls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 4:50pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanand
    oldman withers has perfected the ancient art of thread necromancy/necrophilia... but what the hell, i'll share a story.
    I am a practicioner of the dark arts. My Necronomicon is made of real human skin with "LOL I"M L337" written on the front in blood, and my familliar is the gimp from Pulp Fiction. :XXbuzzsaw

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 2:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread necro!!!

Add your own gym types!!!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 3:17pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woohoo!! Asshole of the month and thread necromancy combined to form the perfect duel action attack on lame ass gym people!
    T
    I target the ACTUAL normal ass gym rats that look at me like Im a fuckin RETARD because I cant figure out the damn machine that has like 50 god damn workouts on it. Listen.. just because you know how to work the sphincter stretching option on the new Nautalis Pro 5000 workout machine dosnt mean everyone else does! STOP LOOKING AT ME FUNNY!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad form assholes:

Guys who do bicep curls while standing and swinging the dumbells, arching their back, and bending their knees to lower their upper body so that they can get the weights all the way to the top. I really want to punch these annoying fools.

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 2:29am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Bad form assholes:

Guys who do bicep curls while standing and swinging the dumbells, arching their back, and bending their knees to lower their upper body so that they can get the weights all the way to the top. I really want to punch these annoying fools.

To add to this (esp the "asshole" part),

They usually are around other Bad Form Assholes who think they're the **** when it comes to lifting weights.

Personal experience: Athletic Conditioning time during wrestling off-season was spent with other off-season sports. Including soccer. Now what the soccer kids were doing in the weight lifting room I'll never know. What they were doing with bicep curls I don't think I'll ever know either. But they were lifting more weight than some of us wrestlers, but of course it's because of the bad form. Bending at the knees and swinging the bar up to their shoulders, rather than using the biceps.

Sure enough they thought they were stronger than the wrestlers.

....ugh....

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 3:42am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Bad form assholes:

No that's not a bicep curl, it's the highly skilled excercise known as a"chiropractors friend".
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234