View Poll Results: On which saturday the EuroMega 2 should be held?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 august 2010

    3 27.27%
  • 14 august 2010

    1 9.09%
  • 21 august 2010

    2 18.18%
  • 28 august 2010

    2 18.18%
  • 4 september 2010

    1 9.09%
  • 11 september 2010

    1 9.09%
  • 18 september 2010

    1 9.09%
  • 25 september 2010

    2 18.18%
  • 2 october 2010

    6 54.55%
  • 9 october 2010

    4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 37 First 12345678915 ... Last
  1. #41
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,408
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    At LAST somebody wants to do weapons at the TD!
    oh come on, you already did some knifefighting last year.
    which btw im interested to try if you got a spare knife.

  2. #42
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,408
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post

    Everyone could hear that Sybs was from Australia and you from the Netherlands.
    lolwut now?
    nobozy can hear zhat i am dutsh.
    thass just a veerd zhing to zhay.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    oh come on, you already did some knifefighting last year.
    which btw im interested to try if you got a spare knife.
    Certainly! I'll bring along two "nok-knives" (foamclad wooden knives, basically). You don't need extra protection with those - they are pretty much impossible to poke out an eye with, if you don't go specifically for it.

    For some "oh ****, it hurts when I get hit" that can give some other thoughts on tactics (specifically "it's not how much I hit you, it's about not getting hit by you") i am thinking about aluminium knives as well, but... I think that last year we were asked not to? Does anyone remember? Some weapons legislation or some such, huh?

    Anyway - I would LOVE to spar with alu-knives if someone else have any weapons background.

    I am willing to do stickfighting as well, if anyone is up for it. Smak-stiks up to Dog Brothers style.

    But getting my ass kicked by Lebell - it will be a night to remember. I'd absolutely LOVE to spar with you. Whatever ruleset or contact. I have seen you fight. I could learn so much from you.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW does anyone of you do boxing? I'm planning to bring my twin brother but he "only boxes" and thinks that this more fore grapplers and traditional martial artists. He has never done kickboxing or Muay Thai or anything (but would probably appreciate it...) But he has been boxing, to and from, since military service...

  5. #45
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,680
    Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    BTW does anyone of you do boxing? I'm planning to bring my twin brother but he "only boxes" and thinks that this more fore grapplers and traditional martial artists. He has never done kickboxing or Muay Thai or anything (but would probably appreciate it...) But he has been boxing, to and from, since military service...
    cufoal and he's coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  6. #46
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,408
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    Certainly! I'll bring along two "nok-knives" (foamclad wooden knives, basically). You don't need extra protection with those - they are pretty much impossible to poke out an eye with, if you don't go specifically for it.

    For some "oh ****, it hurts when I get hit" that can give some other thoughts on tactics (specifically "it's not how much I hit you, it's about not getting hit by you") i am thinking about aluminium knives as well, but... I think that last year we were asked not to? Does anyone remember? Some weapons legislation or some such, huh?
    I'm interested very much.
    The only weapons i ever did was kendo, so with a shinai.

    And i've done some party tricks with those shaolin monk staffs, i used to know some pretty cool tricks with it!
    but really sparring with knives is a novelty to me, im vry interested what will happen, the more so becauseweare of thwe same lenght so none of us will have a reach advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan
    I am willing to do stickfighting as well, if anyone is up for it. Smak-stiks up to Dog Brothers style.
    ouch!
    well i might, but i havent got any sticks of my own and only know some basic moves with double sticks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan
    But getting my ass kicked by Lebell - it will be a night to remember. I'd absolutely LOVE to spar with you. Whatever ruleset or contact. I have seen you fight. I could learn so much from you.
    thank you for the kind words.
    if im there we'll spar.
    and ofcourse i'd do some boxing with your brother.
    oh, and help me remember: bring my mouthguard!!!

    ffs..cant believe i was noob enough to forget it last year.

  7. #47
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,834
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    BTW does anyone of you do boxing? I'm planning to bring my twin brother but he "only boxes" and thinks that this more fore grapplers and traditional martial artists. He has never done kickboxing or Muay Thai or anything (but would probably appreciate it...) But he has been boxing, to and from, since military service...
    I'd gladly strike with anyone under any ruleset.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post

    ouch!
    well i might, but i havent got any sticks of my own and only know some basic moves with double sticks.
    Totally cool with me - I prefer single stick aswell. Double stick is way harder. However, when we've played around (read: sparred full contact...) with double sticks, it almost always gave both fighters better defensive technique. No idea why, really.

    Anyway - I'll bring my goodie bag. Sticks, knives, and ordinary fighting gear and see who wants to spar what. I am game for anything. :) I guess I suck kinda equally bad at almost everything anyway. (Except knife, maybe...)

  9. #49
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,408
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    Totally cool with me - I prefer single stick aswell. Double stick is way harder. However, when we've played around (read: sparred full contact...) with double sticks, it almost always gave both fighters better defensive technique. No idea why, really.

    Anyway - I'll bring my goodie bag. Sticks, knives, and ordinary fighting gear and see who wants to spar what. I am game for anything. :) I guess I suck kinda equally bad at almost everything anyway. (Except knife, maybe...)
    sounds like a plan!
    but i really really really have to see what date the td is at and how my financial thingies are at that time.
    im not even on the continent til early sept, and til half sept il be in central europe.
    travelling costs a lotta money and on these ones its not even allowed to punch anyone.. :-(

  10. #50
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,680
    Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another place to stay in Leuven

    Condo Gardens (in the city centre):
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/cond...d_currency=EUR

    Hotel Industrie at the trainstation:
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/indu...d771d2e88d3600
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Page 5 of 37 First 12345678915 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO