Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it was fun, I can certainly see the effectiveness in application to wrestling and Judo. The sensitivity stuff is cool, but I really like the methods of accepting pressure and redirecting it, while trying to stump the other persons momentum to off balance them. Especially being able to do it while walking and moving around the other person.

But yeah, I have also seen some pretty crappy videos on you tube, so all things are relative!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    And really, I've seen as many of you undoubtly have, push hands principles at work in 100% fighting situations. Talk about incredible power. I've only met one person in my life who can do this, however.
    Was it Des? Sometimes I wonder if he's even human. Or like a super robot from the future or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Posted On:
    5/14/2014 5:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi All

Sorry to post on such an old thread but does this school still exist? I tried googling it and found no information other than a phone number and address. Do they have a website? I am really curious to see them in action.

Thanks in advance.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 6:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The school is there but the instructor I was training under temporarily moved away to work on his degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine. The guy who owns the school has still tried to keep classes going but he is not an authorized teacher from the lineage I was training under. I have trained with him and I would not recommend going there.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 12:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for getting back to me. That's a shame about the school. It has to be frustrating to find a good school and have it taken away.

I am in CA so I wasn't planning on training there but was just curious to see some info about a real good kung fu school.

Can I ask what the teacher's style an lineage was?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 8:39pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the core guys are still training, just not teaching at the school. Matter of fact, my teacher, Jared has still been competing and winning. He is Master Caughlin's senior student. I'll post the pic of the lineage. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401327542.170561.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	16071

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 1:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this you guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=azYooAnl4Pw

I can't post links yet it looks like.

Its cool to see someone doing non fixed or modified step push hands. The last tournament our school went to they had a category for it and no one else entered it other than our school so my classmates all just fought each other. Kind of a waste.

Is that your class mate Jared in the ring at 4:05 in the white shirt? He does pretty good against a guy who looks bigger than him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 8:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, that's the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456