Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 10:03am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    special effects. Like Avatar only cheaper.

I seem to recall a few people mentioning him hustling, having good cardio, etc. The only negative to his training as I recall was that he didn't listen to his coaches and wasn't much of a team player.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that comes straight out of fantasyland. I know people fudge their height/weight a bit, but that is ridiculous. It's like when I played high school basketball. While filling out the roster information one of the coaches asked me how tall I was. I, truthfully, said " a little over six foot"....and he replied "Six three....got it". Apparently my old coach is now working for the UFC. Good for him.
    It reminds me of the olds days of MMA when the announcers would exaggerate a fighter's credentials. In the first Extreme Fighting show most of the fighters were first-timers, but each one of them were credited with at least 10 MMA fights by the announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    On a different note, I would like to ask what others here think about the range in the heavyweight division. 205-265 seems a little bit wide to me. Maybe the division should be divided into heavyweight and "superheaveyweight" or maybe its good that you can see a guy at about 215 lbs fight a guy at 265 lbs. I haven't made up my mind yet.
    The heavyweight class is traditionally supposed to be wide, although there actually is a Superheavyweight (Over 265 lbs) class in the unified rules. The UFC has only had one official SHW fight, which was Josh Barnett vs. Gan McGee back in UFC 28, just when the unified rules were first made.

If anything, a cruiserweight class from 206-230 lbs might make sense, but I'm not sure. Fighters mights just use it to build a reputation until they go for the bigger money in the LHW or HW division, like in boxing.

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 1:10pm

Style: Kung Fu combat wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the gaps. Hell I would love to see GSP fight one of the big heavyweights. There should be an open-weight bout. That would be fun!!!!!!
    I would pay 100 dollars to see it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 1:52pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbag2 View Post
    I like the gaps. Hell I would love to see GSP fight one of the big heavyweights. There should be an open-weight bout. That would be fun!!!!!!
    I would pay 100 dollars to see it.
    When the UFC first started there were no weight classes. There are lots of MMA fights recorded where there is a huge disparity of weight.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345